Breathe.°•

Phiona

As I stood there, steady in the hospital room whilst crying my eyes out I noticed the kids had arrived. We all stood there, in fear. We knew exactly what was happening. April and I being the oldest though, cried the most. The boys were kind of confused but knew Mama Claudia was gone.

"Phiona?" Mama Claudia suddenly asked out of nowhere.

"Yes? Yes mama?" I asked, standing right by her bedside.

"Goodbye sweetie..." Mama Claudia said.

"Mama no!" I exclaimed out, crying. I looked to the monitor.

A straight green line, formed across it and I looked down to see that Mama Claudia was no longer able to breathe. She was completely gone. I broke down, falling to the ground. Where nurses helped me up and I sat in one of the two chairs, shaking. April held my hand for a little bit, to get me to stop but soon I felt someone else's hand. I rose my head up and turned to see that, he, was indeed holding my hand.

"Jacob?" I asked. He nodded his head. He must have been who Mama was talking about, he in particular would watch over me and protect me.

"Everything is going to be okay Phiona." Jacob said, rubbing my hand.

Next thing I know was crying into his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight. Mama was gone. She wasn't coming back, but I was glad she was in a better place now. I soon got myself together and stopped crying. I stood up walked back over to Mama's bed. I kissed her cheek, she was so cold.

"Rest in Peace Mama." I said as one more tear fell from my eyes.

Nurses came and took her away and the doctor came back in.

"I'm sorry for your loss." he said. I only nodded my head, not knowing exactly what to say.

I turned myself back towards everyone. April held Tyson in her arms as he slept peacefully. Kendrick and Kyle held on to one another tiredly. And Jacob, stood there looking to me with much yearn and concern in his eyes. All of a sudden I was in Jacob's arms again.

He held me so tight. I felt very safe. He rubbed my back for comfort. The kids, Jacob, and I eventually made our way back to the apartment. We rode the bus. Only certain thoughts with through my mind, the thoughts of where we were going to be next and what was Mama Claudia's funeral going to be.

We arrived at the apartment and all of the kids went into their rooms. It was such a long night, none of us had eaten. I went and sat down on the couch, Jacob followed behind me. We sat there in utter silence.

"I missed you." Jacob said.

"I missed you too." I said.

"I have some good news.' Jacob said.

"What?" I asked. He took both of my hands in his.

"I'm living with a foster family of my own now. I live in Truman." Jacob said.

"That's amazing Jacob." I said, sweetly.

"Yeah, but I felt like it was just luck. I don't even want to live there." Jacob said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because, I want to be with you." Jacob said.

I felt terrible. In those two months we didn't see each other, I had completely forgotten about him. I had moved on and everything. But now that he's here, I don't know what to do.

"I have to worry about my foster siblings right now Jacob, I don't have time for us." I said, taking my hands away from him and standing.

I made my way to my room and he followed.