Closer.°•

Jacob

I had finally gotten out of this school for today. I yanked the navy blue tie from my neck and unbuttoned my white collared shirt a bit, to breathe. I hated wearing these clothes but I realized they were better than nothing. I stopped by my locker and threw my science book inside; then slamming the locker shut. I threw my backpack over one shoulder and began walking out of the school.

I had noticed a group of boys started following behind me. There was at least six of them, all of them appeared the same way to me. I continued walking as I heard them, still following me. I stopped in my tracks and turned around, a few of them jumped but there was at least three of them who stood there acting all big and bad. I sized them up, stepping closer as the three main ones stood a few inches taller than me.

I stared straight into one of their faces. A smirk appeared as I gave him my meanest look. The other five decided to stand back and let him talk.

"You must be Jacob. The kid the whole school has seemed to be talking about for a while now." the guy spoke, confidentially.

"Yeah..whatever, what do you want?" I asked with an attitude to indicate to them that I didn't want to be bothered by their bullshit.

"We just wanted to get to know you. Word around here is that you're a gang banger." he said. I inwardly rolled my eyes and turned away only to be put to a halt by his hand, grabbing my shoulder.

In reaction, I turned around and pushed him. He tumbled back, landing near his clique's feet. He looked up at me astonished by my actions. I didn't give a shit who he was. If you don't know me don't fucking touch me. Simple as that.

"Calm down dude. I didn't mean nothing by it." he said as he stood up and brushed himself off. I began to turn away and walk off, but again I was stopped. "My name is Eric." he said.

I had nothing to say, I stood there impatient wanting to get on 'home.' I sighed and listened to what he had to say.

"I didn't mean to come chasing you, really we just wanted to know what everyone was talking about." Eric said.

"Okay and? What the hell do you want to know? Would you like for me to write a damn book?!" I asked, sternly.

"No need for that, but could we just you know talk for a moment?" Eric asked.

"Look bruh, ain't nothin' to talk about." I said.

"Come on." Eric said rather begged. I rolled my eyes and walked back towards the other guys, along side him. He had me sent down at an outside blue colored table near the school.

"Guys, this is Jacob. Jacob this is Anthony, Maurice, Michael, Swayer, and Brock." Eric said, introducing them all to me. I chucked my head up as they all waved except for Swayer. Swayer chucked his head up as well.

"Coo." I simply said.

"So why did you really come here?" Eric asked.

"Foster family made me." I shrugged.

"Foster family?" Anthony asked.

"Yeah." I responded.

"Oh, how long you been in that family?" Anthony asked.

"Two months." I said.

"Do you like it there?" Anthony asked.

"Nah, it ain't for me." I answered.

"Where did you used to live?" Maurice asked.

"Next town over from here." I said.

"Oh, Spring Meadows?" Maurice asked.