King Of My Heart

Karlie's POV

"Hello?"

  "Hi Elizabeth! It's me Taylor"

"Oh! Woah! Taylor?!! as in Taylor Swift??! Hello! How are you? What's up?" - I babbled.

"Calm down Elizabeth. It's just me. I just want to ask you something." - Taylor laughs sexily.

"Oh sure. What's that?"

"Well.. you know that.. that I have no other real friends except you and Abi, yeah? Since, Abi has already agreed to be Matt's date, my brother has his date too, and I don't want someone else to be my date..  so if you are still available, would you like to be my date at our homecoming dance this weekend?"

"You know.. I will ask you also about that but since you called first, Yes Taylor! I would love to be your date!"

"Okay then! You know my house right? Be there at 8 PM on Saturday. See you Elizabeth!"

"See you Taylor!"

I cannot hide the smile on my face after my phone conversation with my long time girl crush, Taylor. She's a popular glee club member in our school. We became friends after she asked me to be her tutor in Programming. She's the only one who's calling me 'Elizabeth'.

And now, my sister, Kimby would not stop asking me questions because she saw me smiling while still standing near the telephone.

 "Hey sissy...so.... who was that on the phone?" -- Kimby 

"Ahmm.. No one??"

"Don't lie to me sis! Whoever that was is definitely not a 'no one'. That smile of yours is different. Is that your crush TSwift? Is she asking for you to help her on her projects or help her to review?" -- Kimby

"No.. nothing about academics. She just.. She just ask me if I  could be her date for the homecoming dance this weekend... Can you believe that sis?! A date! Her date!!! Oh my gosh!!! The TAYLOR SWIFT asked me!!! If this is a dream, just slap me please!"

Kimby playfully slapped both my cheeks. 

  "Wow! So that really happened!!! C'mon Kimbs! We need to go shopping!!!"   

We laughed and go shopping together.

Night of the Homecoming Dance.

I am so excited! This is our first date ever!  

 I am wearing a dress pants with a long-sleeved dress shirt and loafers. Taylor send me a picture of her tight black dress before I bought this so the pattern is same as hers. 

One last look at the mirror then I grab my car keys, and a corsage of her favorite flowers, ‎Orchids and hydrangeas, and went off to Taylor's house.    

As I park my car at Swift's driveway, I saw Taylor's parents happily taking pictures of Taylor and her brother, Austin.

I walked to where they are and greet her parents. 

I complimented Taylor's dress and she said that I am gorgeous. I feel like my heart leaped out my chest. 

She's really hot! The dress length is above her knees. She really have nice toned long legs. She's really dressed to kill!

I helped her to put on the corsage.

They took more pictures of us before letting us go.

I opened the passenger side for Taylor and made my way to the driver's side.

We arrived a little bit late. We get inside the gym, and as soon as Taylor walks in, it looks like the the people stopped moving and just focus on her. Taylor ignored the attention and just linked our arms together.

We made a little rounds of greeting to some of our friends and they are all surprised to see that Taylor and I were together as a date tonight.

Our school DJ starts playing a mashup of Bee Gees' 'Stayin Alive' and Nelly's 'Hot in Herre' and Taylor pulled me into the dance floor.

We are doing some crazy dance moves and laughing along with the upbeat songs.

After a while the music changed into a slow sweet dance. At first, I thought, Taylor would go back to our chairs but she surprised me when she grabbed my arms and placed them around her waist and she put her arms around my shoulders.

It's a good thing that I'm an inch taller than her!

"Elizabeth?"

"Hmm?"

"You wanna know a secret?"

"Of course! Share your secret!"

"Karlie Elizabeth Kloss.. You are my favorite person to dance with"

"Woah! I am speechless!"

"I have one more secret!"

"Spill it all Tay!"

"I like you. Not just a friend. But more than that."

I was about to say that I like her too but my voice was not heard because of the noise of the crowd's cheering and announcing the Homecoming King and Queen of the Night.

Lots of people congratulated me and Taylor but I did not mind them. I grabbed Taylor's hands and we ran to the parking lot. The music from the gym is still loud but the noise of the people is lessen.

"Hey babe I know I'm hot and I said that I like you but they still need to give us our crowns first before you take me home!" - Taylor playfully said.

"It is so noisy over there. And you need to hear this. I like you too Taylor. From the first time I ever laid my eyes on you. Will you be my girl?"

"Yes!!! I'll be your girl!"

We heard the sound of "King and Queen of Hearts" playing. 

I kissed her lips as we hugged and dance under the pale moonlight at the school's parking lot.

--------------

Late in the night, the city's asleep
Your love is a secret I'm hoping, dreaming, dying to keep
Change my priorities
The taste of your lips is my idea of luxury

And all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for
King of my heart, body, and soul, ooh whoa
And all at once, you're all I want I'll never let you go
King of my heart, body, and soul, ooh whoa