Dancing With Our Hands Tied

Taylor's POV

I am in the middle of preparing for the Met Gala which is a few hours from now.  I'm with Karlie and I enjoyed watching her currently in the process of deciding her final hairstyle. And because she's one of the adorkable vloggers, she decided to film herself getting ready for the event tonight. I silently laughing as she tries a few wigs and tries different looks . She tried a short black bob wig with some blunt bangs, then a blonde shaggy 'do,  and some edgy pink waves. Although Karlie could pull off any look, I love her blonde shaggy 'do. It suits her and because it is almost identical to my current hairstyle. We can do some twinning again and make our fans go crazy again when they see us with the same looks at the red carpet, but my publicist will get mad so I made my hair a platinum blonde for a rebel look.

After preparation, Karlie's oozing so much sex appeal as always! Her gown has a plunging neckline, with cutouts on her sides exposing her toned shiny abs. For me, I chose a  robot-inspired mini dress. 

Karlie kissed me and whispered "Babe, you look perfect!". Then she left the room first together with her stylists and publicist.

At the party.

People started dancing as the beat of the music started.

I watched as the crowd went wild. Bodies pumping with each other. I searched for Karlie and there she was. Her long gown cut into a short one. Showing off her smooth toned legs. 

Her captivating green eyes met my blue ones. She made her way across the dance floor. That caught some attention. I am so proud to be with this woman! 

My world seems to do a slow-mo as she walks in front of me, grabbed my hand and we start dancing like no one is watching.  Seems like nothing else existed in this moment except us. I stared at her gorgeous face as she smiles and sway her body. Our arms snaked around each other's hips.

Karlie was about to lean down and kiss me, when Tom, a.k.a, my next PR stunt, disturbed our sweet moment. I heard Karlie silently groaned with annoyance, lust evidently in her eyes. She distanced herself as Tom introduced himself to us. Karlie excused herself and I know she's a little bit irritated. I told Tree that I don't need to stunt anymore but as a publicist, she told me to do this a few more times if I want to retain my relationship with Karlie in secret.

Tom asked me to dance with him so some could take photos of us being 'acquainted'. Karlie posing as my 'BFF' did her part too. She post a video of me and Tom dancing.

After the party, we head straight to Karlie's apartment. I still feel that my baby is slightly mad at me. I stopped her as she was walking to the bathroom. I wrapped my arms around her waist, buried my head at the crook of her neck and whispered, "Sorry baby."

I closed my eyes as she gently combed my hair with her slender fingers. "No need to say sorry babe. I understand. We love each other and that's what matters most".

I feel electrified when she starts kissing me. I wrapped my arms on her neck as she put her arms around my waist and start swaying our bodies like were dancing with our own rhythm.

"This is what I want to do before your boy Tommy interrupted us."

"Thank goodness! He interrupted us! Or else Tree will get mad to us again!"

We both laugh as we remembered the time, Tree scolded us because we kissed at the 1975 concert.

"That was really fun. Dancing like no one is watching us. I want the rebel Tay more!"

"Yeah yeah I got the looks but I cannot act like one. We can dance in public but it feels like we're dancing with our hands tied. I want to hug you closer but I can't. I want to kiss you right there and then but I can't."

"Soon baby. Soon."

------------------

My, my love had been frozen
Deep blue, but you painted me golden
Oh, and you held me close
Oh, how was I to know what

I could've spent forever with your hands in my pockets
Picture of your face in an invisible locket
You said there was nothing in the world that could stop it
I had a bad feeling
And darling, you had turned my bed into a sacred oasis
People started talking, putting us through our paces
I knew there was no one in the world who could take it
I had a bad feeling