( 001 ) beach volleyball

finn x reader
no warnings

○ ○ ○

"5 serving 3!" Y/n shouts before she serves the volleyball over the net to her other two friends.

Her and her 3 other friends, Mya, Saige, and Skylar, are playing volleyball at the beach. Saige is on Y/n's team.

The ball is hit back over the net. Saige bumps and sets the ball, then Y/n runs up, jumps, and spikes it to the sand, causing their team to win another point.

"Yeah!" They both cheer, high fiving each other.

All while this is happening, Finn and his friends are watching them from not that far away. Finn especially eyeing Y/n.

"We should join them." Wyatt suggests.

"What? Why?" Finn asks.

"Because girls like guys who play volleyball. They find it attractive. And I wanna impress that little pretty lady." Jack says, pointing to Saige.

Finn wants to impress Y/n, but he didn't say anything. He just shrugs, and him, Jack, Wyatt, and Jaeden start to walk over to the 4 girls playing volleyball.

Saige notices the boys heading their way, and stops from serving the ball, nudging Y/n, and motioning to the boys. All 4 girls look over at them as they reach them.

"Hey, ladies." Jack says so confidently. The girls smile at them.

"Hey guys. What's up? You guys can use the net if you want. We've been playing for a while." Mya says.

"Actually we were wondering if we could join you guys." Finn finally speaks up, and Y/n's eyes settle on the boy in front of her.

Damn, he's cute.

"You know how to play?" Y/n speaks up, keeping her eyes on Finn. Finn nods his head. He actually does, but he's not sure about the others.

"Cool! What's your name?" She asks.

"Finn. This is Jack, Wyatt, and Jaeden." Finn responds, pointing to each of his friends.

"Okay. Well, Jack and Finn will be on Mya and Skye's team, then Wyatt and Jaeden can be on ours." Saige says.

° ° °

So far both teams' scores are tied, 9-9, and the limit they are going to is 10 points.

Finn's team is serving this time.

"9-9!" Jack yells, then serves the ball up into the air.

Wyatt bumps it back. Mya bumps it back. Saige bumps it up, then Jaeden bumps it over the net.

Finn bumps it back.

Wyatt bumps it up, then Jaeden bumps it up, and Y/n bumps it over.

Finn then bumps it back again.

The ball is far, so Y/n runs and dives, bumping the volleyball up and over the net as she slides to the sand.

The ball hits the sand on the opposing team's side as Y/n gets up. Her team won.

They all high five each other, cheering. Y/n is brushing off some of the sand still sticking on her when Finn comes up to her.

"You know, you got my name... but I never got yours." He says. Y/n smiles at him.

"Sorry about that. I'm Y/n." She sticks her hand out, and Finn shakes it, sending tingles through both of their bodies.

"You really good at Volleyball. How long have you played?" He says, starting up a conversation with her.

"Since 5th grade. I'm in.... 9th now. So..... 5, 6 years? And hey, you're pretty awesome at it yourself." She says.

Finn blushes, smiling. "Thanks. And Im in 9th too! You're 14 right?"

"Yeah! I'm turning 15 in December." Y/n answers.

"Me too!" Finn exclaims.

"Hey guys, want to go into the ocean? The rest of us are." Skye comes up to them. Finn and Y/n look at each other before shaking their heads.

"Finn and I are just gonna play around with my Volleyball." Y/n says.

"Okay, join when you want." Skye says, walking towards the ocean, but not before winking at Y/n.

Y/n rolls her eyes before getting her Volleyball, unintentionally giving Finn a good view of her butt.

Finn tries his best to not look, because he doesn't want to be disrespectful to her. He clears his throat, averting his eyes away from her until she stands back up.

Y/n bumps the ball into the air towards Finn.

He gets caught off guard for a second, but catches the ball in time.

Y/n laughs a genuine laugh, causing Finn's heart to melt a little at the beautiful sound. "You're supposed to bump it back, Finn."

"What? I- OH! Yeah, I know. You just... caught me off guard." He stutters, and Y/n giggles as she finds him stuttering cute.

"You know.... you look familiar. What's your last name?" She says.

He hesitates with telling her. She seems nice and trusting. She won't treat him differently, right?

"It's Wolfhard. I'm Finn Wolfhard." He says.

"Oooh. Yeah, you're from Stranger Things and the recent remake of IT. You're a great actor by the way." She says, smiling brightly at him.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Now hit that volleyball to me." She says, backing up.

They bump the volleyball back and forth to each other for an hour or so, laughing and smiling together.

Meanwhile the others are watching them from the ocean occasionally, fangirling with each other about how much they ship the both of them.

Finally Y/n and Finn's fun comes to an end when their friends walk up to them, saying they have to go their separate ways due to other things they have to do.

As the others get their stuff together to go their hotels, Finn hands Y/n her Volleyball after writing something on it.

Y/n looks down at her ball, reading the words written in sharpie.

Call me sometime. I wanna get to know you more. 484- ***- ***
-Finn♡

She looks back up at Finn who is lightly blushing, smiling at her.

"Come on, Y/n!" Mya shouts as they walk off the beach.

She quickly looks back to Finn, smiling at him. She leans into him, kissing his cheek before walking away.

Finn stares at Y/n as she catches up with her friends, all giddy inside, smiling widely, blushing hard, with a light twinkle in his eye.... all because of that light kiss on the cheek from that one girl.

• • •

word count: 1,023 words