( 032 ) the epidemic | m.w

She's been gone. Gone for 3 weeks. Without a trace left behind and it's driving Mike crazy.

See, Y/n and Mike are inseperable. Being together for over a year, nothing could come between them. Even when the whole epidemic came, where a virus could make you go mad and make you eventually try to kill yourself, they still survived. They're still surviving.

Until she was gone. Nobody knew where she went. Not Joyce. Not Hopper. Not Nancy. Not Dustin. Not Steve. Nobody.

Mike barely sleeps. Its hard to sleep when one you love is missing, being unaware if they're even dead now or not. El doesnt sleep either. Nor the other kids.

A party member left. But maybe she'll find her way back.

"Do you think she's dead." Max asks quietly. They're outside again, searching for y/n.

Its a daily thing now.

"I dont know. I hope not." Dustin says.

"Did you find the papers yet?" El asks, trying to change the topic before Mike gets even more emotional.

"Yeah." Max opens her bag, taking the papers she found out. The papers with their names on it. The papers that show if they're the immunes or not.

She hands them to Dustin who hands them to Lucas who hands them to El. She opens the folded papers, her eyes scanning through the town names. Her names not on the list, but she already knows shes immune.

She catches the schools name.

Hawkins Middle School Students;

Her eyes follow the words down. Finding her friends names.

Dustin Henderson- immune
Jonathan Byers- immune
Lucas SinClaire- exposed
Maxine Mayfield- immune
Michael Wheeler- immune
Nancy Wheeler- exposed
Will Byers- immune
Steve Harrington- immune

Her eyebrows furrow, not finding y/n's name. Where is she?

Flipping to the next page, her name is on the bottom.

Y/n Y/l/n- exposed

Her heart basically stops reading the words. Her friends are exposed to the virus. I mean it was bound to be some. Not everyone can be immune. But it stills hits hard. As rock.

"What? What's it say? Are we all immune?" Mike asks.

She shakes her head. Everyone stops walking, turning to look at her. "T-then who is exposed?"

"Lucas," he sucks in a deep breath, "Nancy," Mike gulps, "and y/n," Everyone glances at Mike. He seems calm. A little.

"Come on, keep moving." He mumbles, walking forward. Looking at eachother, their feet start moving again, following Mike's tracks.

"Kids!" Hopper shouts from behind them.

Joyce, Nancy, Jonathan, Steve, and Hopper run up to them, walking next to them.

"Why are you with us? You do this literally everytime we go and search." Max rolls her eyes.

"You could never know." Steve says.

"You have the papers?" Jonathan takes them from El, looking at them. His eyes land on Nancy's name, sadness overcoming his features.

"Who's not immune?" Joyce asks.

"Lucas, Nancy, and Y/n are exposed." El recites from the words on the pages.

"Me?" Nancy asks in disbelief.