( 011 ) the asylum pt. 2

finn x reader
mentions of abuse
part 2 was requested

○ ○ ○

~one week later~

Visiting Day. Were they excited? Finn was. Y/n? Not so much. Once a week, they had a visiting day, and today is that day.

"So... you happy to see your parents after a whole week?" Finn asks, his happy mood radiating off him proudly.

"Parent." She corrects him, sitting on her bed.

"What?"

"Parent." She repeats. "My mom left us....left me. It's just my dad."

"Oh... why?" He asks, sitting next to her.

"My dad is... I don't know. And he used to abuse my mother. She finally had enough, and left... just like that. She didn't even take me with her. After she left, my dad only got worse, and because she wasn't there anymore, his anger directed towards me, leading to him abusing me.... and something else, but that doesn't matter." She explains, starting to feel numb. Finn's heart clenches at the words heard.

"I'm sure you'll be okay. It's just 1 hour, you'll get through this okay?" He says, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and bringing her into his chest, hugging her.

She nods her head, and he let's her go. Y/n gets up from the bed, getting her clothes for the day out and looking at Finn.

He turns around, his back facing her so she can change. "Thanks." She mumbles.

"Yeah...." his voice trails off, waiting for her to get done. Not gonna lie, he kinda wanted to look, just a little, but he wasn't disrespectful, and he sure wasn't going to disrespect her privacy. "Done." She says, and he turns back around, checking the time.

"Come on, let's go. Visiting is in a few minutes." He says, and the two head out of the room, heading to where Nick told them to go.

Finn's parents come into view of the two, and he smiles widely, breaking away from y/n to talk to them. Y/n sits down, the floor very interesting to her until she hears the voice of her father. No. Her guardian. He doesn't even deserve the title of being a dad.

"Y/n.." his voice is heard, and her breath hitches. She looks up, standing up as well, being met with the man who supposedly loves her and is her so called 'dad'.

"Father." Her voice squeaks.

"How's my girl?" His voice is low and intimidating, at least to y/n, as his hand strokes her right arm up and down a couple of times.

"Stop touching me." She mumbles, backing away the slightest bit. His eyes darken, and his jaw clenches.

"What happened to those manners of yours, huh? And what have you been doing here? Talking to any other boys? You're my girl, y/n." He says hushfully, standing closer to her, grabbing her forearm.

"No, father. I'm not." She stays quiet, scared of what he might do.

They are kind of secluded from the others, so nobody can really see them, but Finn does. He keeps his eyes on the two, and y/n's father catches his staring.

"You are. You lied to me, y/n. You're my girl."

"No, I'm not. I'm safe here... away from you, and I was never yours." She sobs. His grip tightens on her, sure to leave a mark later, and he shoves her, enough for her to stumble back a bit.

"No. You're coming back home with me, right now, and I'll show you who's in charge." His voice raises.

"HEY!" Finn shouts, getting up and running over to stand in front of y/n. "Leave her the hell alone, you dirty bastard." He hisses at him through gritted teeth.

The workers start to take notice and head over, Nick being the first one there.

"Hey! Hey! Enough, off of the kids now, and you can leave." Nick says.

"You can't do that, besides, visiting hours aren't over yet." Y/n's father says.

"Actually, I can. And visiting ends in 10 minutes. I'm sure they're about over now because of your little scene you have caused." Nick says. "Y/n, Finn, go back to your room, please."

Y/n wastes no time getting back to their room, sprinting there, Finn right behind her. They reach the room, and Finn closes the door. Y/n's sobs fill the room as she frantically searches for something. Sharp. Anything. But nothing. She can't take it. She needs something.

No corners on the bed or the dresser or anything. The room is harm free.

"Y/n. Y/n, hey. Look at me." Finn says repeatively, and she turns around quickly facing him, tearing flowing heavily down her now rosy cheeks, the sight breaking Finn's heart.

"I-I knew it. I knew it. It always turns out bad. I n-never even wanted to s-see him, he just r-ruins everything. I hate him, I h-hate him." Her sobs cut into her talking, and Finn slowly makes his way over to her.

"Y/n, calm down. It's okay. I'm here. I told well get through this together, and I promise you, when we don't need to be in here anymore, you will not be living with him." He whispers, taking her arms and wrapping them around his torso.

She cries into his chest, and his arms wrap around her shoulders, his hand softly stroking her hair trying to calm her down. Eventually she does, breathing in deeply, taking in Finn's comforting scent.

He moves to his bed, laying down, y/n laying on his chest. "You're safe here. Safe with me. I promise." He mumbles.

She smiles, closing her eyes. "Yeah... I know." She breathes out. Finn smiles too, seeing her smile for the first time since the day before.

"Take a nap. You need one. I won't move, okay?" He says, and she nods, already beginning to fall asleep.

He kisses the top of her head, letting his lips linger there for a minute, and sighs lightly through his nose. "I love you..." he whispers, but he already knew she was too deep into sleeping to hear.

● ● ●

Word count: 1,026 words