( 034 ) midnight party

i know ive been gone for almost 2 months bUT im back now with updating and once school ends (which is soon) i'll probably be updating more often. for those who have requested im working on them currently.

also thank you for reading my cringey imagines ily you all sm :')

● ● ●

   y/n was in her last class of the day, on the last day of school, counting the minutes until the bell rings. passing time, her mind wanders off the party. the party that iris apatow, the most popular girl in high school, throws every year for the last day.

   she was contemplating going this year, because the past 2 years she's ditched the party. one reason being she hates high school parties. the second reason, well, she barely even knows anybody who goes to the parties. and like every year, she sits in her room, watching netflix all night to celebrate instead of partying. maybe she would try something new.

    she feels herself being shaken by her shoulder, and snaps out of her thoughts as her best friend, kodie, focused into her vision. "y/n! hey, the bell rang 5 minutes ago, why are you still sitting here?"

   "sorry, i was thinking about the party." y/n shakes her head, blinking a couple times before standing up and grabbing her books, shoving them in her bag.

    "are you going this year?" kodie asks her, his voice filled with hope. y/n makes a face and kodie groans, knowing the answer.

    "please." he begs. "i dont want to be alone again. every year i end up ditching the party to come watch netflix with you because i get bored. and parties arent supposed to make you bored, y/n."

    they make it to her locker, and most of the halls are almost clear by now since students were rushing to get their asses out of the hell hole they went to for 182 days. y/n sighs, opening her locker and grabbing the little things she has left in it, and closes it.

    kodie and y/n stand there for a bit longer as y/n overthinks her decision about millie's party. "i- kodie- maybe." she looks at him. he perks up at 'maybe'.

    "so thats a yes?"

    "no, i never said that."

    "but you never said 'no'."

    "which makes it a 'maybe', kodie." y/n rolls her eyes, walking ahead of him. he speeds up his pace for a couple seconds to catch up with her.

   "okay, y/n, but im telling you-" he cuts himself off after he sees finn, y/n's longtime crush,  walking over to them. more specifically, in y/n's direction. y/n notices finn too and turns to kodie.

   "what do i do?"

   "i dont know."

   "he's walking over here."

   "act natural, its fine. if he tries to do anything, i'll punch him." kodie reassures her just as finn is so many feet away.

    "hey- uh, y/n?" finn speaks. y/n's eyes grow slightly wider than usual, her heartbeat picking up and her stuttering starts.

   "oh- uh- wolfhard, what's up- i mean- finn, hey- um, sorry- yeah." a dark blush appears on her cheeks and finn chuckles, finding her awkwardness cute.

   "are you going to iris's party tonight? i havent seen you at any of her other ones, maybe, youre coming this year?" he asks, the same hope that kodie had was laced in his tone.

   hearing it from kodie, thats one thing. she's learned to say no to him many times before, especailly when he asks her to make him food all the time. but finn asking her, thats a different story. its not like shes gonna say no to her crush asking her to go to a party. i mean, maybe, but finn seems to want her to go, so, she will go.