( 010 ) not now

mike x reader
few swear words?

○ ○ ○

"Where the fuck are you?" Mike mutters, walking around the school looking for that creature Dustin calls 'dart'.

Y/n stayed after school to work on something for English class, and just got done, walking out of the classroom she was in and roamed the hallways.

She's always had a hidden crush for Mike Wheeler, and when she spots him in the other hallway, her eyes light up. She turns into the hallway he was walking down, and hears him muttering incoherent things.

Mike jolts up when he hears y/n's voice and feels a hand on his shoulder. Stopping and turning to the side to see her, he sighs.

"You scared me." He says, and continues his ways with walking place to place. Y/n jogs a couple of seconds, catching back up with him.

"I didn't mean to. But anyways, I just saw you so I decided I would come and say hi, maybe talk with you. I just got done doing some after school work." She says, now walking beside him as he turns into a room, searches, and walks back out continuing to a different hallway.

"Yeah, that's nice." He mumbles, not really paying attention. Y/n furrows her eyebrows. Is he just not listening? She shakes it off though.

"Well, what are doing here after school? It seems that you're looking for something." She asks. He sighs, shaking his head, ignoring her.

"Mike?" He hears. "What?" He snaps.

"Wow, what's got you on edge? Are you even listening? I asked you what you were doing after school here." She repeats for him. "If I'm bothering you then its okay, I'll just-"

"Y/n, just... not now." He shouts in frustration, taking her aback, her eyes widening a little.

"I was just-"

Mike shakes his head harshly. "No, just not now... okay? I'm looking for something, and I don't need your help, nor do I need your babbling. It's annoying, so would you please just talk your ass off to me another time?" He yells a little louder at her than expected.

Her expression saddens, her happy mood being put down under, and a frown forming on her face. "Mike, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to annoy you."

"Yeah, well I'll talk another time with you, hm?" His harsh tone not changing a bit.

Her eyes pool with tears. I mean, her crush of 3 years is suddenly being a ass to her? It hurts. Nodding, and biting her lip, she speaks up one last time. "Yeah, I'm- I'm sorry. I'll go.... see ya around, Mike." She mumbles, turning around a quickly walking the opposite way.

Mike quickly realizes his mistake, and gets super frustrated.. but not with her. With himself. For being such an asshole to the girl he's liked for so long, and having her leave him, broken hearted because of his attitude. Nice one, Wheeler.

"Wait- no- I- ughhh." He groans, burrying his face in his hands. "Shit."

Now y/n goes home, upset and crying, and Mike just continues to look for Dart, but his mood is torn now, and he just wants to bury himself alive, feeling upset and guilty. Maybe he should not have be so snappy, and things wouldn't have been the way they turned out right about now.

● ● ●

Word Count: 550 words

A/N: this was just a short imagine of an idea that I randomly came up with