( 021 ) mark my words

A/N: do not worry my friends, I am making a part 2 to "You Left Me... || Mike" for those who want one :)

● ● ●

Y/n isn't the best in school, but only when it comes to reputations. She's smart, a student who gets straight A's, but she's somewhat social.

All the girls hate her. She's picked on by them, they call her names, sometimes physically hurt her. She has a couple friends like her, but that's it.

And it's not just the girls. The guys too, but they don't do as much. Finn is the most popular, so of course all the girls swoon over him and his looks.

Y/n has a huge crush on him, but can't say anything, nor show it, as it would lead to more problems with the populars.

Finn is in y/n's gym, and this week, is partner dancing week. It sucks. The last year it was group, now it's partner, and y/n is dreading it.

Standing around in the gym after playing dodgeball, the students wait for the teacher's words. Y/n stands off to the side, away from the girls so she doesn't get into anything.

Finn watches her from where he stands. He's always had his eyes out for her. She wasn't like the popular girls who dressed up and put so much makeup on, or tried to get with any guy in the school.

She barely wore makeup due to being too lazy to do it in the morning for school, and always wore sweatshirts to school or dressed normally if she felt good that day.

In fact, she was the only one who never tried to flirt with him or even talk to him for that matter. The most interaction they've had with each other was when he saw her at the movies with her brother and she smiled at him.

A whistle blew, snapping him out of his trance, and making y/n quickly look up and to the direction it was sounded.

"As you all know, this week, we learn to dance with a partner! The other times we've done this with other grades, we let everybody figure out who they want to partner up with by themselves."

"Therefore, this year, the boys will pick the girl they wanna dance with." The teacher speaks aloud, and y/n's heart sinks.

Nobody's gonna pick her. She's gonna either get a girl partner after all is done, or get stuck with a random guy. Either way, it's gonna end up bad.

On the other hand, Finn's eyes light up, automatically darting to y/n. Today's finally going to be the day he gets the chance to talk to her.

"Boys, you may now find your partner." Finn automatically gets up from the bottom bleacher starts walking towards y/n.

Y/n keeps her head down, not wanting to find that everybody has a partner, especially Finn.

A tap is felt on her shoulder, and she looks up from the group, coming face to face with the one and only, Finn Wolfhard.

He smiles down at her, y/n being a couple inches shorter. "Hey."

"Uhm.. I- uh- h-hey." She stutters.

"I was thinking, maybe you could be my partner?" He says, more sounding like a question.

Y/n quick darts her eyes away from Finn, looking around at all the girls, and find them glaring at her, and quickly looks back to him, shaking her head.

"No. I-I can't, I'm sorry." She manages to get out.

"Why?"

Y/n sighs. "Because the other girls will fucking kill me. I talk to anybody and they automatically think I'm trying to get with them and call me a slut and shit. I'm not doing that."