( 019 ) summer romance pt. 2

This is the second, and last part of this request! Requested by gayzebos

finn x emily

● ● ●

          "When are you going back?" Emily asks as her and Finn sit at a small circular table across from each other by the smoothie and snack stand.

    "What?"

    "Canada. When are you going back to Canada?" She repeats.

    "Next week." Finn responds, eating a French fry.

    "Nice..." she trails off, sipping her smoothie. She wasn't looking forward to next week. After meeting Finn, it's like she can't get enough of him, and she's disappointed that he lives so far.

    "Hey, don't be upset, Em. I don't like seeing you upset, I wanna see your pretty smile." And of course, she smiles. Widely.

   "There we go!" he cheers, making her giggle.

   "I hate you"

   "No you don't" he smirks.

   "No I don't." Emily laughs.

   "I really like you.." Finn speaks up out of nowhere. Emily chokes on her smoothie for a second, eyes wide.

    "I'm sorry... what?" She asks, trying to make sure she heard right. Finn on the other hand thinks he freaked her out, so he tries to cover it up.

    "I really like you.. like you're a cool person, ya know?" He gets nervous.

    Em nods slowly. "Yeah..."

    "Come on, let's go back to the water and hang before we have to leave to go back to our hotels." Finn says, standing up and grabbing Emily's hand, dragging her along.

   "Hey! Frogface, I wasn't done." She scolds, and Finn just laughs, still dragging her by her hand.

    The two walk closer and closer to the water, hands connected.

   "I could always give you my number." Emily suggests as they swim deeper into the ocean.

   "That would be nice." Finn smiles and winks.

    "Oh my god, you know what, suck my ass." She smiles, pushing him.

    "No thank you." He chuckles.

    "Oh yeah, that's right. You should never hump before the first date anyway." Emily jokes, making Finn laugh.

   "You're something else, Em."

   "You think so? I don't really think I'm human either."

   "You're such a smartass."

   "Better than a dumbass." She smirks, and he rolls his eyes playfully.

   "It's true." She says, pushing a peice of his curl hair away from his eye, then blushes, realizing how close in proximity they both are.

    Awkwardly clearing her throat, she backs up from him slightly. "Sorry." She says, and he smiles at how cute she's being.

    "You're so fucking adorable when you blush, you know that?" He catches her attention, her head turning towards him. Emily's cheeks turn even a darker shade of red, and she groans.

   "Stop." She whines, laughing lightly.

    "Stop what? Stop complimenting you? If I do, I'm gonna start something else.." Finn trails off, his fingers lightly brushing against her waist.

   "What do you me-" Emily cuts herself off with a fit of giggles as Finn tickles her, making her try to back up.

   "Finn, stop!" She squeals, and he stops. Emily sighs in relief, stepping one more step back, but when she does, she feels something pinch her feet underwater.

   She screams, jumping on Finn. Her legs wrap around his waist, her arms around his neck as his hands automatically holding her up by her butt.

    Finn chuckles, Emily blushing. "I.. think a crab pinched my heel. Sorry." She mutters, giving a shy smile.

   "It's fine." He breathes out, giving a slight smile too, and she feels his breathe close to her, sending shivers down her spine.

    "I'm gonna set you down now.. okay?" Emily nods, laughing slightly.

    Finn's hands let go of her, and she unwrap her legs from around him, her feet moving back to the ocean floor, her hands now resting on his shoulders.

    "I- do you kiss before the first date?" Finn stutters a bit, his face close to Emily's, and he slyly wraps his arms around her waist.

    "Uhm.. no not really. It depends." Her voice is small and quiet now.

    "Yes you do."

    "What-" Emily is cut off by a pair of soft lips on hers. Finn's. Butterflies rise in their stomach, their heart beat feeling as if it's going a million times per minute, as she kisses back, pulling him closer.

    Finn pulls away slowly, and slowly opens his eyes to find a smile plastered on Emily's face, her eyes still closed. She opens her eyes, seeing Finn staring down at her.

     "W-what was that a-about." She stutters.

     "I like you, Em..- yeah.. I like like you." He smiles.

     "Really?" Emily blushes. Finn nods.

     "Yes, really. So why not kiss you while I have the chance to." Emily fully wraps her arms around him, hugging him.

    "I like you too." She breathes out. "But we live so far away from eachother."

    "I know, Emi. That's what I don't like about meeting you. Because now I'm gonna miss you when I leave." Finn frowns, hugging her back.

    "Well, we could always find each other again. But let's have fun while we're here, yeah?" She smiles, letting him go.

    "Okay." Finn's mood instantly lightens, and Emily laughs at how fast he changed his mood.

    Could you call a summer romance? Maybe. They sure call it that. Maybe even more, if everything works out.

● ● ●

Word Count: 873 words