( 027 ) deal

10 years ago...

Finn and y/n sit together in front of the living room TV, taking turns playing Sonic the Hedgehog.

Both their mothers sit together in y/n's kitchen, talking about work and other things. Their parents have been good friends for a while, so that brought the two young kids together to become best friends.

"Crap, I died too quick. Can I go one more time?" Y/n turns her head to Finn with pleading eyes.

Finn smiles, his adorable baby teeth showing. "Yeah! Go ahead. Only one more time, though."

"Yay! Thank you, Finnie." Y/n cheers, and Finn just stares in admiration for a few good seconds at his best friend.

A few minutes later, y/n dies again, and she groans. "Okay, here you go, Finnie." She says, handing him the controller.

When she catches his stare, she frowns. "Is something wrong?"

He shakes his head fast. "No, not at all. I just think you're really pretty."

Y/n blushes, smiling cutely. "Thank you. I think you're pretty too. Well, I mean cute." She corrects herself.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks y/n after a couple seconds of silence between the two.

"Aren't we too young? I don't know." Y/n answers, and Finn frowns slightly.

"Oh! How about this: if both of us are still- uh- what's that word- oh- single! If both of us are still single when were 15, and you still like me, then I'll be your girlfriend." Y/n smiles widely at Finn, who's frown turns into a huge smile.

He nods. "Yeah! I like that!"

"Deal?" Y/n sticks out her hand, and Finn takes it, shaking on it.

"Deal." He says, and blushes when y/n leans into him and kisses his cheek.

○ ○ ○

Present time...

"Oh my god! That's so fucking cute! Are you gonna ask her?" Millie squeals, but Finn shushes her.

"Yes, I am. But don't be so loud, she might hear you." He says quietly. The two were in Millie's dressing room, as they were shooting for Stranger Things season 3.

Y/n was just there to visit for a couple months.

Finn exits her room a few minutes later, walking to his own, where y/n was. Opening the door, he finds her dancing around to 'should I stay or should I go' making him smile.

He watches, silently closing the door. When she turns around and sees him, she shrieks, tripping over herself.

Finn doubles over, laughing. Y/n huffs, pushing hair away from her face. "Shut up."

After his laughing fit, he helps her back up to her, and brushes the last few strands of her hair that's in her hair behind her ear.

"Hey, um, I need to talk to you actually." He says, and she nods, leaning against the wall behind her.

"What about?"

"Okay, so remember when we were 5, and we were playing Sonic in your living room, and I kinda- you know- told you that you were really pretty?" Finn starts to mumble at the end.

A small smile starts to grow on her face, remembering that day very vividly. "Yes."

"And do you remember when I asked you to be my girlfriend, but you told me no."

"Yes."

"And also remember the deal we made.. that if both of us were still single by the time we were 15 and I still liked you that-"

"I would be girlfriend." Y/n finishes for him, a bright smile etched across her face. Finn blushes, smiling shyly.

"Yeah... so... will you?"

"Will I what?" Y/n knows what he means, but she wants to hear him say it.

Finn playfully rolls his eyes, smiling. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Y/n can't stop the squeal that leaves her mouth as she basically jumps onto Finn. "Yes." She repeats multiple times.

He smiles, wrapping his arms around her waist, rocking side to side as they hug eachother tightly.

She brings her head back, looking into his eyes before attaching her lips to his, sending fireworks through both their bodies.

Finn tightens his grip around y/n, bringing her closer to him, if possible, but whines softly when she pulls away too soon for his liking, but nonetheless smiles, resting his forehead against hers.

"You were definitely worth that wait." He whispers, making her heart skip a beat.

● ● ●

.
Word Count: 735 words