( 014 ) comfort

Finn sits on the floor at the end of his bed, playing video games when his phone starts ringing. He pauses the game, getting up and checking who is calling him at 10:30 at night.

   My baby😍💕 is calling...

  He immediately picks up the phone, smiling. "Hey, baby. What's up?"

   "Finn, can I please come over. I need you right now." Y/n's quiet voice sounds through the phone, and he immediately senses something is wrong.

   "Of course you can, baby, but what's wron-" the phone hangs up, and Finn looks at the screen before putting his phone down and unlocking his window, opening it for y/n when she comes.

    Y/n quickly sneaks out her bedroom window, sprinting down the street to Finn's house and climbing up the tree next to his window, climbing inside his room and shutting it.

    "Y/n, baby, what's wrong?" Finn asks, and she stares at him for a minute, trying to keep her emotions and tears bottled up, but fails.

    She breaks, sobbing and Finn immediately coming to her aid, wrapping his arms around her in a hug. Her hands latch onto his shirt tightly as she sobs into his chest. "Finn, I'm scared."

    "Your parents?" He softly asks, rubbing her back up and down lightly. She nods.

    "They're fighting. Again. I get that couples argue, but they do it everyday, Finn. They argue everyday no matter what it is. Food, not answering when the other calls, not paying attention, work, just anything little. And they're drunk. I fucking hate when they're drunk, I hate it. It just gets worse. That's when everything sets them off and they end up fighting. Screaming and yelling, and slamming doors, it's scary." She says, crying.

   "And it all leads up to always remembering that night when they actually almost started to fight. He shoved her, and she yelled at him, then I stopped anything from going further, and I'm scared that-" her sobs break apart her speech.

    "Shh, it's okay." Finn whispers.

    "Even though I know it won't happen again, I'm just scared it might. Because they always tell me it's okay and that couples fight and shit, but they don't understand the fear that runs through my body when they start yelling, it affects me so much still, and they won't ever understand. So when they get drunk that's when I start to get scared, and I just need you. I need your comfort." Y/n finishes.

   "You have me. You won't ever be alone. You'll always have me, okay? I won't ever leave you, princess. " He whispers, kissing her nose.

    The gesture makes the corners of her lips tug upwards a little bit.

   His thumbs softly runs over her cheekbones and under her eyes, wiping aways her tears, just leaving her pink, hot, dry tear- stained cheeks.

   Y/n always has problems with her parents. And every time she always comes to Finn, she even did when they weren't together. Finn does mind at all, he wants to be her comfort, her safety. He just hates to see her in pain. To see her cry or be upset.

     "I love you so much, Finnie. Thank you." She breathes out.

    Finn shakes his head, leaning in closer to her face. "Don't thank me. I'm supposed to be here for you, and I always will." He says before connecting their lips.

    She melts into the kiss, playing with the hairs on the back of his neck. The kiss lasts for a little before he pulls back first, tucking a stray hair behind her ear. "And I love you too."

      "Can we play some video games or something? I wanna get my mind off of it." Y/n says, and Finn nods.

   "Yeah, of course." He says, giving her the other controller, and she sits comfortably on his lap as they play.

● ● ●

Word Count: 649 words

A/N: I actually got a little emotional writing this

a/n from 2019: ohmygod wtf was i writing