( 008 ) the asylum

finn x reader
suicide mentions

a/n: i am aware of the unrealistic
plot this imagine has, and an asylum
irl is very different from this one. i
apologize.

○ ○ ○

The door to where Finn's room is opens, making him look up from his book he was reading towards the door.

Nick, one of the people working there, who checks on Finn from time to time, walks into the room. "Hey, kid. How are you doing?"

Finn sets his book down on his lap watching as Nick sits at the end of his feet. He sighs. "I'm doing just fine. As always."

Nick gives a small smile and sighs through his nose. "Well, today, you finally have company." He says, and Finn's eyes avert from him to the opened door where a girl walks in slowly. A very pretty girl, with beautiful (y/e/c) eyes and smooth (y/h/c).

But why would such a beautiful girl be in a mental hospital? Finn was definitely wondering.

"Finn, meet y/n. She is the person who you get to finally share a room and become friends with. You better not try anything stupid on her. Now, if you'll excuse me, I got other things to do." Nick says, getting up from where he was sitting and making his way out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Y/n goes to sit on the other bed in the room, too uncomfortable to talk to the boy, very cute boy who keeps staring at her, but thankfully, he speaks up to her first.

"So... y/n, right? I'm Finn. How come you're here? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I under-"

She shakes her head. "No it's fine. Um... I have really bad depression. I, um, I self harm, have suicidal thoughts, and I-I uh... I tried to kill myself.... a few hours ago."

"Oh... Wow." He mumbles, and she nods, pursing her lips together. "I just- can I, you know, come over there? I don't want to invade your space though. You literally just got here and I don't want to make you uncomfortable than you probably already are." He says.

Y/n smiles slightly, nodding. "Yeah, go ahead. I don't really care."

Finn smiles back, getting up from his spot and making his way over to y/n, sitting on her bed across from her with crossed legs, mirroring her position of sitting.

Sitting this close to her, he can see more detail in her face, the shine in her eyes, her plump lips, her long lashes.... But he also notices bruises on her neck, and on her arms from his peripheral vision. Y/n notices, and clears her throat, making his eyes dart back to her eyes.

"Yeah... my dad abuses me, if that's what you're wondering. You know, about the bruises. The cuts are from self harm." She explains. Finn nods his head slowly.

Y/N adjusts her position a little. "So, why are you here?"

"I'm suicidal. Thoughts of killing myself, self harm, depression, I actually tried killing myself twice. Kind of what you're going through. I've been here for 2 days already." He says, looking at the bedspread.

"Yeah, kind of. Not completely." Y/n's eyes start to build up tears, and Finn immediately takes notice. "I-I wanna get better. I wanna heal."

"Hey... we'll get through this together. We'll get better together, okay? You're not alone. You never are." Finn says, bringing her into a hug.

After a minute, y/n releases from the hug, smiling a little bit. "Thank you, Finn. You're a really great person."

Finn blushes lightly from her compliment, and smiles cheekily. "Thanks."

For the next few hours, Finn and Y/n just sit on her bed, talking to each other, not having trouble with bringing stuff up to talk about, growing closer to each other by the minute, learning new things about one another.

Eventually Nick comes in, telling them it's time to settle down, and try to get some rest. Finn goes back to his bed, and both of them lay down in their beds. The lights are shut off, leaving the room almost pitch black.

After a few minutes of waiting, Finn hears y/n's breathes even, signaling she's fallen asleep. He decides to get up, and walks over to the side of her bed, looking down at her peaceful state for a couple of seconds before bending down to her, kissing her forehead, and tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

"Goodnight, y/n." He whispers to her, walking back to his bed. Y/n's lips form a smile on her face, the feeling of his lips still tingling against her skin.

Boy, are they glad they met each other.

● ● ●

Word Count: 775 words