( 015 ) not now pt. 2 | m.w

Recap:

Her eyes pool with tears. I mean, her crush of 3 years is suddenly being a ass to her? It hurts. Nodding, and biting her lip, she speaks up one last time. "Yeah, I'm- I'm sorry. I'll go.... see ya around, Mike." She mumbles, turning around a quickly walking the opposite way.

Mike quickly realizes his mistake, and gets super frustrated.. but not with her. With himself. For being such an asshole to the girl he's liked for so long, and having her leave him, broken hearted because of his attitude. Nice one, Wheeler.

"Wait- no- I- ughhh." He groans, burrying his face in his hands. "Shit."

○ ○ ○

Following school day later...

Walking through the halls of Hawkins Middle School with his three best friends, Y/n standing at her locker catches Mike's eye, and the two make eye contact for a split second before she quickly looks away.

Mike sighs, and Will notices what happened. "Is everything okay between you and y/n, Mike? You seem down, and she didn't bike to school with us like every other time." He asks.

"Yeah, everything fine..." Mike trails off.

"But."

Mike's head snaps towards Will. "What do you mean 'but', but what?"

"There's a but. There was gonna be a but in your sentence. But what?" Will explains.

"Okay, fine. But when looking for Dart I kinda snapped at her rudely and now I'm pretty sure she thinks I hate her." Mike says, watching y/n from time to time (♩time after time♩ okay I'll stop now).

"Then just go apologize to her." Will says in a obvious tone.

"Go apologize to her!? She probably doesn't even wanna talk to me!" Mike exclaims. Will shakes his head, pushing Mike in y/n's direction making her notice him.

Mike glares at Will before walking up yo y/n nervously. "Um... hey, y/n." He says.

She avoids looking into his eyes, closing her locker. "What's up, Mike?" She asks, softly. "I already apologized for bothering you multiple times."

He shames his head. "No, no. That's.. Not why I'm here. You never even needed to apologize. I'm the one who should apologize. I should have never snapped at you like I did. I was just upset with Dustin and that put me in a bad mood."

"Mike, you don't have to lie, I know I can be annoying." She says as the hallways start to clear.

"No, no. You're not annoying at all. I really love hanging out with you and talking to you. You're an awesome friend. I'm really sorry, y/n." He says, making her smile slightly, leaning her back against her locker.

"Its okay. I forgive you. Plus, I can't really stay upset with you." She states, and Mike lets out a breath of relief.

"Thank goodness. I can't stand not being around you, especially since I like you so much." He says, unaware of his words until a few seconds after, his eyes going wide.

Y/n's mouth forms into a huge smile, but Mike rambles. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know what I said- I understand if you don't like me back- I shouldn't have never said that. We can still be-"

She kisses his cheek, making him shut up, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink, and she giggles. "I like you too, Wheeler." Y/n starts walking to her next class since she is already late enough.

"Wait, really?" Mike speaks up, catching up with her. Y/n nods.

"Yes, Mike. I do. Now go to your class. We're already late." She shoves him lightly by the shoulder, walking into her science class.

● ● ●

Word Count: 608 words