( 028 ) kicked out

Great.

Y/n's parents were not great. Especially not to her. Today, Saturday evening, she's kicked out.

Her parents kicked her out of the house. And the worse part is, it's pouring. She sighs, speed walking down the street to the only person's house she knew.

Finn Wolfhard.

They were very close friends, and he was the only one who she could go to at that moment.

Finn is watching TV when he hears a soft knock at the door. Pausing the TV, he waits, seeing if it was just the rain or something.

Again, another knock at the front door is heard, but this time it's a little more louder.

He gets up from his comfortable spot on the couch. "Who the hell would be out in this damn rain this late?" He asks himself.

The door opens, and just as he is about to say something, he stops himself, seeing a soaking wet y/n standing there, looking up at him.

"Y/n.. why are you here? Your parents will kill you." He asks.

"They kicked me out of the house. You're the only person I can really rely on now." She says as she tries to not cry.

Not in front of Finn. Not now.

"Oh! I'm sorry, come in." He lets her inside the warm home, the one she's been in quite a few times before for a hiding spot from her parents.

"They're fucking assholes. I know they're your parents, but I wanna punch them." He grumbles, and she smiles softly at him.

"Yeah, so do I." She speaks softly too, and Finn notices her dripping wet body.

"I'll go get something for you to change into. You're soaking." He walks upstairs, y/n following him.

They get into his room, and he finds some decent fitting sweatpants and one of his shirts, handing them to her.

"The bathroom is across the hall, as you already know." He says. Y/n nods, walking into the bathroom.

Finn waits on his bed, and not long later, she comes back out, and he looks up, looking at her putting her hair up messily.

"Thank you, by the way. For doing this for me." She speaks, and he smiles at her.

"Of course. I would do anything for you, y/n."

She roams around his room, and comes across a sweatshirt of his. Y/n looks at Finn to see him on his phone, and she takes his sweatshirt, pulling it over her head and onto herself.

Finn's comforting scent fills her nose, and it calms her, her lips forming into a little smile. Finn looks up at her, and finds his sweatshirt on her, being a little long and baggy on her figure.

"Oh- im- sorry, I'll take it off if you-"

"No. No, it's fine. You look.. even more cute in it. Keep it on." He blushes slightly, and y/n smiles, sitting next to Finn.

"You know I wish my parents were as nice as you." She whispers to him.

"You deserve better." He responds, looking at her. Her eyes seemed to sparkle slightly in the lighting of his room as she looks at him too.

"Well, it doesn't seem like I do. I don't even know what I ever did wrong. All I ever do is try my best to please them. They never are though." She chuckles dryly, tears brimming her eyes.

"You know, they actually once told me I was useless. That I was a mistake they made. An accident. They told me that again today before they kicked me out." Her voice cracks in the middle of it.

She tries her best to keep in her tears, pursing her lips together, Finn's stare still on her and hers still on him.

"I don't wanna be a mistake, Finn. I'm not a mistake, am I?" She whispers, a couple tears slipping.

"Oh my god, no. Never in a million years would you be a mistake. Y/n, you're a blessing to me, to your other friends." Finn wraps his arms around her, bringing her into his chest.

Y/n later ends up staying the night, cuddling up next to Finn, her head laying on his chest, and her arm over his torso.

Finn watches TV in his room as he plays with the ends of y/n's hair, listening to her soft and peaceful breathing.

Thinking she's asleep due to her soft breathes, he whispers, "I love you, y/n."

What he wasn't expecting was her to respond.

"I love you too, Finn." She whispers, snuggling closer to him, wearing a small and shy smile.

● ● ●

Word Count: 777 words