( 031 ) you left me pt. 3 | m.w

finally finished what a lot of you wanteddd ;))

also, i changed my user . it used to be @frogface_finnie , but now its @-maddiesziegler

● ● ●

-5 months later-

he still misses her. wanting to call her his again. but of course, he hasn't said anything, afraid of feeling that he's rushing her, but-

"Mike!" y/n calls out, jogging up to his locker in the hallway at the end of the day. he turns his head.

"Hey, y/n/n." he responds, closing his locker.

"Soo I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go to the arcade later, around 4. Since it's Friday and all." she smiles up at him.

"Uh, sure. Just- just us?" he stutters, blushing at the thought of them two alone for the first time in what feels as forever.

"Yeah! If.. thats okay? The others don't want to, I already asked them." she lies. she actually didn't mention anything of it to any of them.

mike nods. "Of course."

"Okay, uh.. see you there, then. I have to get going." y/n hesitates, but decides to do so, and kisses mike's cheek.

she walks away, out of the school, his cheeks turning color.

"She still loves you." el comes up from behind mike, scaring him.

"What?"

"Y/n? She still loves you." el repeats.

"Really?" happiness fills his insides. el nods.

"You.. still love her back? Right?"

mike nods immediately after she says that, starting to walk. "I don't think I ever stopped."

"Well, listen to me. She thinks you've moved on from her. So later, make a move. If you don't, I'm ripping your head off." el threatens, giving him a serious look.

"What!?"

"You heard me, Wheeler. Now get your ass moving. You have 2 hours."

el seperates from mike outside of hawkins middle school. "I swear if she kills me I'm sueing her." he mumbles.

○ ○ ○

"Come on, where the hell is he?" y/n mutters to herself, standing next to her bike in front of the arcade. he's 15 minutes late so far.

she pulls on the sleeves to her flannel, biting her lower lip. what if he doesnt show?

a few more minutes later, when she's about to give up, y/n sees mike on his bike, pedaling quickly to the arcade.

he reaches next to y/n's bike, standing the bike up. "I'm so sorry, my mother-"

y/n shakes her head, smiling softly. "Its okay. You showed, didn't you?"

"Yeah, 20 minutes late." he rolls his eyes. her hand wraps around his wrist, dragging him inside.

"I can only be here for maybe an hour or so. Dad needs me home for dinner."

"You call Hopper dad?" mike asks.

"Why wouldn't I? El does too. He's the closest thing to a dad that we have." y/n shrugs.

"Just- what games should we play?"

"I need to beat Lucas at Dragon's Lair." y/n says, making her way over.