( 018 ) summer romance pt. 1

This imagine was requested by gayzebos

This request is gonna have two parts since what I'm writing is long. This is the first part and the second part will be up soon :)

finn x emily

● ● ●

       It's summer, which obviously means going to the beach and on vacation, right? That's exactly what Emily is doing. With her friends of course.

    Emily and her friends are all at the beach, but after about 30 minutes or so, her friends ditched her. For what? Boys.

    So here now, Emily is walking along the lines of the water, picking up shells and shit to occupy herself until she finds her friends again.

    As she picks up a big shell, and starts walking again, she hears a voice from behind her. "Hey, watch out!"

    She turns around, confused, just as a football hits her square in the face.

    She drops the shells from her hands, holding her hand up to her nose as she feels something warm trickle down her skin and lips.

   "Well shit." She mumbles, feeling the blood on her lips.

    "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." A voice sounds, and she looks up, seeing a very cute boy in front of her.

    "It's okay. I'm stupid for not moving away or some shit instead of fucking turning around." She says.

    The boy chuckles. "Can I help you clean up?"

    Emily shakes her head. "No, I can just rinse it off in the ocean." She starts walking into it, the ocean not being super cold after all, him following.

   Getting in far enough, she goes underwater, wiping her face under her nose in the process to make sure it gets all off.

   Coming back up, she opens her eyes, the boy still standing in front of her. His eyes scan over every inch of her face and body, and looks back into her beautiful blue-green eyes.

    "You're very beautiful, by the way." He says, making Emily blush hard, a shy smile overcoming past her lips.

   "Thank you. You're not too bad either," She responds. "I'm Emily."

    "Finn. You have a pretty name, too."

    Emily giggles. "Stop trying to flirt with me."

    "I'm not trying. I am flirting. And it's working since your cheeks are turning a cute pink."

    She rolls her eyes, smiling. "Don't you have friends to go back to?"

    "Don't you?"

    "Ditched me for guys they considered hot. And I asked you first, you frog." She splashes him.

    Finn laughs. "I was throwing around a football with them until I hit you in the face with it. Sorry again, by the way."

    "Stop apologizing. It's fine."

    Finn smiles, and looks at Emily, and his smile widens a bit, admiring the features of her face.

   "Where are you from, anyway? Here in Florida?" Emily asks, making him snap back to reality.

    "I actually live in Canada. I only visit here sometimes. You?"

    "I live in South Carolina." She says. Finn blows a puff of air out, disappointed about their distance between each other.

    "You live so far away from me. Then I won't be able to see your face anymore." Finn whines. Emily smiles, looking down at her hands.

   "You wanna see me more than once?"

    "Why wouldn't I? I'm kinda happy that football hit your face." Emily laughs.

   "Do you want to get something to drink or eat up at the counter?" He asks, and she nods, the two starting to walk out of the water and up the beach to the snack stand on the boardwalk.

   Emily quick goes to her bag to get money, but Finn stops her.

   "I can pay." He says. Emily shakes her head.

   "No, Finn. I will pay for it." She says, taking out her money.

   "Em, no." Her heart flutters at the nickname he calls her.

   "Finn, yes." She giggles. Finn takes the money from her hand, and she gasps, and goes to try to take it back but he moves it away from her.

   Trying to get it, she ends up bumping his chest, and he chuckles as she tries to reach over his shoulder as he holds it behind him. He wraps an arm around her waist, stopping her movements.

    Emily looks up at Finn shyly, and he smiles down at her. "I'm paying, Em. Just agree, and I'll give it back."

   She sighs, her head hitting his bare chest. "Fine."

   He hands her the money back, and she puts it back into her bag.

   "So.. What do you like to do?" Finn tries to make conversation as they walk.

   "I like to read, I love Stranger Things, I laugh a lot, I like to make people laugh, sarcasm is a gift, you know.. that stuff."

    "You like my show?" Finn smiles.

    "I wouldn't exactly say it's your show. If I have to fight you for it don't doubt that I won't, hoe. The shit is the fandoms too."

   Finn laughs. "No, Em. I'm in the show, dumbass. Mike Wheeler? I'm Finn Wolfhard."

    Emily studies his face for a second before her eyes widen. "Oh my fucking god, you're Mike Wheeler. Holy shit, how did my blind ass not notice you. I'm- yes. Yes, I love your show."

   "Try not to go fangirl mode on me, Okay? I like normal girls. Not ones who try to rip my hair off my head, yeah?"

   Emily laughs. "I'll try not to."

   "But it's nice to know you like it. Anyways, you said you like to make people laugh? Tell me a joke or something."

    "What? You can't do that- just put me on the spot. Then I won't do good. That doesn't work like that, frogface." She says, shaking her head and laughing, with a slight blush, god knows why.

   "Okay, okay." Finn chuckles, the two reaching the smoothie and snack stand.

   "What would you like, hot stuff?"

    "Oh, don't start." She laughs, lightly shoving him as they wait in line.

    "You know you like it." He says, slinging an arm around her shoulders.

    "Well, it's kinda obvious. I mean, you're really cute, you're nice, you're making me blush even though I do blush a lot..  but still." She looks up at him.

   "You think I'm cute." He states, smirking as he looks down at her due to her small height to him.

   "Yes, and you're get cocky." She says, looking back up front and dragging out the 'y' at the end.

   "I have permission to be cocky right now, because a fucking beautiful girl thinks I'm cute. Let me have my time." He smiles.

    "Permission by who?"

     "Myself."

    "Finn that doesn't count." Emily laughs.

    "Yes it does. Hush hush, Em."

    "Whatever You say, Wolfhard." She shakes her head, giggling slightly..

● ● ●

Word Count: 1120 words

a/n from 2019: EMILY STOP REREADING
THIS OHMYGOD MY WRITING SUCKED