Mike Wheeler: Dance With Me

Mike's POV

I walked with El through my house after the snowball. We were all hanging out at my place and I was sitting with El.

I looked over to see Y/n whispering something to Dustin then Dustin stood up and helped Y/n up. I looked down and El to see she was asleep.

I followed them upstairs and listened carefully.

I heard Y/n say "So you danced with Nancy, huh?" Then Dustin reply.

"yeah." I heard him chuckle.

Then I heard Y/n. "I wanted to dance with someone but... I don't know didn't want to bother people?"

I finally climbed up the stairs and peeked around the corner.

Then I saw Dustin begin talking.

"Listen Y/n if you wanted to dance with Mike the least you could have done was asked him if he wanted to dance. As friends."

I noticed that they were talking about me. Then it triggered in my mind why Y/n didn't like El. They got up and I quickly began going back downstairs. Once we got to the bottom Lucas asked: "Were you guys having a threesome?" Just as Y/n and Dustin came back down the stairs.

I shook my head viciously and Dustin said: "How could it have been a threesome if it was only me and Y/n?"

Lucas scoffed and said, "Then Mike was eavesdropping!"

I slapped my hand over Lucas's mouth and slowly looked up to see Y/n running up the stairs. "Why is it so embarrassing for her?" I thought.

I ran after her and closed the basement door. The instant thought that came to my head as she pulled her coat on launched into action as I smacked the radio on and a slow song began playing. I grabbed her arm and clutched it tightly as she looked back.

"Mike let me go." She said tears spilling down her cheeks. I said the only thing I could at this moment.

"Y/n. Dance with me."

She shook her head and began crying walking out. I turned up the song really loud and stepped out onto the doorstep and grabbed her arm again. "Dance with me Y/n!"

"MIKE STOP!" She ran down the porch steps and I still chased her but the rain was coming down like a waterfall.

 I grabbed her arm again and said "Please Y/n! Dance with me!"

I could faintly hear the music and then she was gone. I kept calling to her "Dance with me! Please!" But she was gone.

I went inside and turned off the music. Leaned my head against the wall, and began to cry a bit. I felt a hand on my arm and turned around hoping to see Y/n coming to dance with me. But it was El.

"Are you okay Mike?"

I nodded my head and she wrapped her thin little arms around me. I kissed her forehead and she pulled away and said: "I love you, Mike".

 I forced a smiled acting as if it was all okay and said, "I love you to El."

The next day I walked into my class before anyone else. Anyone else except for Y/n who was sitting in the back left corner. I saw the radio at the front of the class and ran to it putting in a slow dong my teacher kept for when we did tests. She said it was for "calming the mood".

The song started playing and I did it again walking over to Y/n and said "dance with me."

She stood up and walked to the door of the room and I ran ahead of her slamming it shut before she could leave. I grabbed her arms and wrapped them around my torso and I threw mine around her head and neck and swayed a bit.

We were basically hugging while swaying and then she pulled away, but I quickly pulled her back and wrapped her arms around my neck and mine around her waist. She started crying again and I moved one hand up to cup her cheek and brush away a tear that spilled from her beautiful e/c eyes.

She leaned her head on my shoulder and stopped swaying. Just sobbing. I locked the classroom door and hugged her still standing. I still swayed is back and forth even when the song ended.

"Why are you so upset about this?" I asked.

She looked up at me and I really took in her features. Her slight frown, her glimmering e/c eyes, he s/c skin smooth to the touch and I didn't mean to but I started leaning in subconsciously. Well, I could stop now or she would think I am screwing with her head. I placed me chapped lips neatly on hers and she just stood there. I pulled away after a few seconds and asked: "Why didn't you kiss back?"

She pointed at the door and I turned around to see El in the window. I ran out and went to explain but she said "Its okay Mike. I understand."

I hugged her and kissed her forehead but all she did was smile at me and stare at Dustin with heart eyes while he walked down the hallway past us.

I left her there and ran back to the class and ran to the back of the class and sat beside her where she sat again. I grabbed her hands and said, "Be my girlfriend."

She just looked at me with furrowed eyebrows of confusion and said: "What about Eleven Mike?" I smirked and said, "She has a thing with Dustin."

Her eyes widened and she said something I knew only my happy beautiful Y/n would say.

"For real?" With her eyes wide and her jaw dropped.

I chuckled and nodded my head. I leaned my forehead on hers and she just sat there. I whispered "I love you. A lot. And I want you to be my girlfriend Y/n. Please?"

She hesitated and asked, "Are you sure?"

 Immediately after she asked I said "Yes!" and kissed her softly, it was different than the first kiss because this time, she kissed back.

 I laughed when I pulled away and said: "Do me a favour and next time you have pancakes tell me."

She thought about it for a minute then went "oh! Cause my lips taste like... Okay!"

I laughed and pulled her close kissing her again as the bell rang. This seat next to hers was now mine. Whether I had to fight Troy for it or not. It was mine SHE was mine.