Mike Wheeler: You're Home

Just a cute little fun one I thought I'd do. 

Y/n's POV

In 1983, I moved away from Hawkins Indiana meaning I'd had to leave my bestest friends and my boyfriend Mike Wheeler in the whole world alone. We were all 12 years old at the time. Or at least the boys were. I was 11 years old.

I was hoping they would all still be there. Mike and I had never broken up. So maybe he would still treat me like we were together, most likely not, but you can only hope. I was on my way back to Hawkins at this point it was 1988. The boys are now 17. My dad was bringing me to Hawkins because my mom had passed away, I was really scared to go back because if the boys weren't there then I would be the new girl without a clue on who to go to.

I walked into Hawkins High School and approached the front desk. The secretary gave me my schedule and I felt a hand hold my shoulder. I turned to come face to face with Lucas Sinclair. He threw his arms up and hugged me. I squealed and hugged back.

He pulled away and asked, "How are you?"

I held his hands and said "I'm amazing now that I get to see my best friend. How are you?"

He smiled but a redhead girl walked in. She held took Lucas' hand from my own and held it.

I smiled at her and said, "I'm Y/n, I am Lucas' friend and you are..."

"Max," she says. She shakes my hand and says "Lucas' girlfriend."

I "ooh"'d and said, "Lucas found a lover?"

Lucas became all adorably awkward and said: "Obviously, look at me."

I sighed and said "Self-obsessed." as I giggled. I asked, "Where are Mike, Dustin and Will?"

He sighed and said "Mike and Dustin are in chess club right now trying to dominate each other and well... Will moved away, with Bob Newby, his stepdad, and his mom. Jonathan moved in with Nancy."

I sighed and said, "I missed Will."

He smiled sadly and said, "Room 313, you'll find Mike and Dustin."

I smiled and walked into the hallway after giving him a hug farewell and went to the named classroom. I opened the door and everyone looked at me. Mike and Dustin stood up and Dustin ran over and hugged me whispering "Oh fair Juliet, I thought you had died!"

I scoffed and said "Right" and hugged him back. I pulled away and looked up at the brown-eyed, dark-haired, handsome-faced, sharp jawline beauty as he walked towards me. His shirt was worn loose on his skin as he grabbed my hips and whispered: "This better be real..."

 I giggled and said, "It is." as I cupped his soft pale cheeks. 

I looked at Mike and he did the most unexpected thing, he moved his hands from my hips so he could grab my face and kiss me. I kissed back and his deeper than 1983 voice came in as he said: "You're home."

 I cupped his face in return and he smiled down at me and I whispered "I am."