Will Byers: Stars Shine To

@vmortal

Will's POV

I walked over to Y/n, my second best friend, Mike is my first, obviously. It was my birthday is today and Bob was lighting fireworks for me. I laughed as he almost set the grass on fire. I leaned against the tree beside Y/n and she looked as if she'd been crying.

I put my hand on her shoulder to comfort her. She nuzzled up close and I sighed as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders. Mike walked over and sat near us. I wrapped my arms tighter around her and he laid his head upon her thighs.

I started petting her hair and I asked: "What's wrong?"

She sighed and said, "My mom won't get a fucking job and I need her to."

I smirked and brushed my fingers through her hair, pulling it back and smiling when she giggled at the contact.

I made her sit up which caused Mike to also set himself up. He leaned against the tree and sat close to her and we were basically squishing her between us. She leaned her head on my shoulder again and Bob yelled out "I THINK WE'VE GOT IT!"

Mike and I laughed while Y/n sighed and walked over to Bob. She held up the firework string and he took out his small lighter that my mom had lent him for this and he lit it. Y/n hissed and ran back over while Bob yelled out "Sorry kiddo!"

She called back "It's okay!" and sat next to me once again. I saw she was shaking her hand and hissing. She whispered a mumbled "fuck" as she shook her hand around.

I grabbed it into my own and rubbed her hand a bit and whispered: "What happened?"

She giggled slightly and said "Nothing. He burnt my hand a bit by accident."

I sighed and laid a kiss upon her palm and pulled her closer and Mike saw El and kissed Y/n's cheek and ran off after ruffling my hair. I growled a bit at the contact he made with Y/n and pulled her closer.

She looked up at me and asked "What, are you jealous?"

I laughed and said, "of course not you dummy."

She looked hurt and then an explosion went off. We looked up and the fireworks exploded in the night sky and I smiled. She looked up at me and whispered: "Wanna play I, spy?"

I laughed and said "That's my favourite game from when I was like... Eight. Of course, I would."

She giggled and leaned her head back onto my shoulder and said "I spy with my little eye... something that... Shines!" and looked up at me.

It just slipped but I said "Um... Your eyes."

She blushed so deep you could see it through the fucking darkness. Maybe you could see it more with a little help from the fireworks above us.

I whispered "I'm not kidding" as she looked away.

She put her hand on my chest and leaned against me again and I whispered: "You're beautiful and your eyes do shine."

She whispered back "Stars shine too."

I laughed and said, "Is that what it was?"

She nodded her head "yes" and I sighed as she said, "I could've given you another guess but you just kept talking about my dull-ass eyes."

I smirked as a few more fireworks went off and said "Dull is like... My eyes. Your eyes shine... A LOT! Like... Shine as bright as your future."

She made me stand up and she hugged me. I hugged back and she whispered, "Do you like me, Will Byers?"

I nodded my head yes slowly and she giggled and said: "I like you too Will."

I smiled and said "Be my girlfriend. That isn't a question or offer. It's a demand. Be my girlfriend. Now!"

She giggled and put her hands up as if surrendering and saying "If I must."

I smirked and kissed her nose and she giggled as another really LOUD firework went off and I pulled away to look up at them and said: "Hey, there isn't a single fucking star in the sky."

She giggled and walked away and I yelled after her "WERE YOU WALKING ME INTO SAYING THAT?!"

She ran off and I chased after her and grabbed her arm and said: "You wanted me to say your eyes?!"

She giggled and said, "Well you kept looking into them and I thought you'd be punny and go with it!"

I laughed and hugged her again as another firework went off above us and I laughed as she jumped a bit.