Lucas Sinclair: Girlfriend?

For @lillywhitehalk, I'm not messing with your head like everyone else.

Lucas' POV

I was with my friend Y/n in the Palace Arcade. It was Saturday, no school tomorrow. We planned to stay late tonight. I ran over to the game "Wrecking Crew". She giggled and ran with me.

I leaned against the large machine and whispered: "Time to get my High Score back from "The Killer". Ha, what a stupid name."

She blushed and whispered, "I agree."

I smirk and put my hand out. She places a quarter in my hand. I smirk and push the small silver coin into the system. The game starts up and I click start. I smirk and starts wrecking things. She giggles and grips my shoulder, I liked her so that... That caused my whole body to go weak.

I wanted to ask her out, I really did. I wanted to ask her out but... Like... I didn't want to be rejected that quick. If I were to ask her out though, I'd want to make it SUPER creative.

I mashed the buttons around before it said "Game Over" on the large screen. "UGH!" I kicked the machine out of anger.

"Lucas!" I looked at Y/n. "Calm down... It's just a game..."

I nodded my head slowly and turned back to the game. "Do you have another quarter?" I ask. She nods her head and hands it to me. I push the coin in and she grabs my arm to get a good view of the screen.

I place my two hands on the controls and get excited. She blushes and tugs at my shirt. I start jolting the controls around and she looks outside, "Shit! My dad is here to pick me up, sorry Lucas. Gotta go." She hugs me while I jolt the controls around.

"It's cool, see ya!" She starts running out waving at me. I turn back to the game and continue to push controls around. I looked at the bottom right to see I was close to beating the high score.

Jolt. Jolt. Click. Jolt.

"HIGH SCORE - 25,000" came up on the screen. I screamed out a "Yes!"

It asked me to put it my display name. I began typing in "Lucas Sinclair" then realized. I could ask Y/n out this way. I smiled and typed in "Girlfriend?"

I smiled and left the system. I walked towards the exit with a large smile on my face. I stood outside for around 10 minutes waiting for my mom to show up. When she did I ran to her car, smiling. I opened the passenger side door and climbed in. "Hey, mom."

"Hi, Lucas. Did you ask her out, yet?" She looked at me as she started driving away from the arcade.

"Um... Actually. I am trying to be cheesy and cute when I ask her out. She left before I had the courage to do it. BUT! I did do something AWESOME!" I looked at her and she sighed. She never really cared about the games I played.

"Well, what did you do? Almost beat the high score on Breaking Crew?" I looked at her disgustingly. "I'm sorry, what is it called?"

"Wrecking Crew! Anyways! I DID get the high score. I got the High Score and made my display name "Girlfriend?" Like... To ask her out?"

She looked at me and said "Sure... You better hope she's the one who sees it."

I swallow hard in hopes that she would see it instead of someone else. The next day I sat in class next to Y/n, I looked at her and whispered: "Hey, you wanna go to the Palace after school?"

"Sure" she whispers.

I smirked and said, "I beat Wrecking Crew's high score last night after you left."

She giggled and said "Good job. That's awesome." She smiled then asked, "What time am I going to come to your house?"

"You can just come over to my place before we go. I think Mike, Will and Dustin are gonna join us." She nods her head with a smile on her face.

"Awesome, can I walk with you to your house?" I nodded my head saying she could just as the bell rang for last period to come to an end.

Mike, Will, Dustin, Y/n and I walked into my house yelling about games we should play.

"Lucas?!" My mom called.

"Hey, mom!" I called back. Mike, Y/n and Dustin ran upstairs while Will came to say hi to my mom with me.

"Hey, Mrs. Sinclair," Will says.

"Hello, Will. How are you?" My mom asks, cutting into some raw chicken.

"I'm good, and excited to go to the Palace Arcade tonight." She smiles at his statement.

"Whose here for dinner Lucas?" She asks.

"Um... Will, Dustin, Mike, Y/n and myself." I smile at her.

She nods her head and says "Okay, 6 plates it is."

"What about Erika and dad?" I asked.

"Your dad is working late and Erika is sleeping over at Kelly's tonight. You're staying the night at Mike's? Yeah?" She looked at me.

I nodded my head saying "Yeah, he said I could."

She smiled and said "Awesome, go play with your friends."

Will and I ran up and Will started laughing as he reached the door. I peeked around the corner and Y/n had my bandana around her head and my binoculars around her neck.

"WILL!" she screams and looks at me. "I'm sorry, I was just... IT was there! I WENT FOR IT!" She giggles. Mike and Dustin are screaming from laughing so much.

We went downstairs for dinner I sighed and sat next to Y/n. We ate the stir fry my mother made me. Mike looked at my mom saying "We're gonna play EVERY game tonight."

She laughs and says "Sure you are."

We got to the arcade and burst through the door. We ran to the games we wanted to play and Y/n brought me to Wrecking Crew and IMMEDIATELY started playing. I heard Dustin call for me on the other side of Arcade and I ran over.

I got to him and watched him get the princess. "Yes!"

I continued to watch him play Dragons Lair for a couple more minutes. I heard Y/n from the other game "Lucas! I did it! I- Um... Lucas?!"

I ran over and she pointed at the screen. "Awesome! You got the high score!" I say walking closer.

She pulls at my arm and asks "You said you won the high score?"

I swallowed hard and said "W-Well yeah I did. That's um... That's my display name. It's like... I wanted to be like... Like it's me asking you-"

She entered in her high score display name. She smiled at me and I smiled back when I saw what it was. "Girlfriend."

I grabbed her face and kissed her. Three thoughts went through my head. "What the hell are you doing?", "THE FIRST KISS, BOOYAH!" and "Is this real?"

I pulled away and she giggled. "That was quick."

"Not quick enough, we've been waiting for you two to get together for months," Will said.

"FINALLY!" Mike yells hitting my arm.

Will smirks and says "Welp... Looks like that just happened."

I smiled and hugged her saying "So you'll be my-"

"Obviously. Read dick nuts." I smiled at her rude yet funny response and hugged her SUPER tight.