Steve Harrington: I Told You No

Steve's POV

I walked into the old High School looking for my girlfriend, it was around 8:00 a.m. I smiled when I saw her at Tommy's locker, or at least I WAS smiling. Then he hugged her.

I walked closer and asked, "What's going on?" I looked carefully at the pair and noticed the tear stains on Y/n's cheeks. "Shit, baby, what's happening?" I asked, cupping her face.

"Nothing Steve..." she says.

 I wipe the fresh tears from her s/c cheeks. "Babe," I say. She looks up at me. Tommy had walked away but I didn't notice since I was so deep in looking at the most gorgeous person in this school. 

 She cups my cheek and whispers "Don't worry about it, Steve." I sigh and she says "Do you um... Do you think I could sleep over at your place tonight?" 

 I nod my head quickly saying "Of course, my parents aren't home tonight so... yeah." She sighed and wrapped her arms around my waist. I wrapped mine around her shoulders. "Baby, what's going on?"

 "Can we talk about this later?" She asks. Looking deep into my eyes. I nod my head accepting that offer. I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her, she kisses back. 

 "Mr. Harrington! This is a hallway,  not your bedroom!" I smirk and look at Ms. Potter, her small round glasses on the bride of her nose. 

 "Sorry Ms-" She walks away. I sighed and Y/n pulls me close. 

 "We have your house tonight, is it gonna be hot out tonight?" She asks. I nod my head slowly, not super sure if the weather would be that but I still nodded. "We should swim..." She says.

  I nod my head and say "Sure..."

 She looked at me carefully and whispered: "I think I'm in love with you, Steve." My body froze. She had said "I love you" before but she just said, "in love". Nobody has ever said they were IN love with me, so I knew just what to do. I placed a soft one on her lips and told her the truth right back. 

 "I think I'm in love with you too," I say after pulling away.

 I walked out of the school seeing Y/n at the phone booth. I walked over to her as she hung up, she turned around and ran right into me. I laughed a bit and she said: "I was just calling my aunt and telling her that I'd be at your place tonight."

 "Maybe you should call your parents, Y/n," I say but she grabs my hand and starts walking towards my car. I decided not to repeat myself knowing she heard me and probably just didn't want to answer. I open the passenger door and let her in. I walk around glancing over at Nancy and Jonathan coming towards me.

 "I'm done with your psycho monster killing! NOT HAPPENING!" I yell over grabbing at the door handle but Jonathan slams the door shut and Nancy pushes me against the door. 

 "You need to give us a lift to the lab at least Steve," Nancy says. 

 "Listen Nanc, Y/n is having a tough time right now and she needs to get her mind off-" Nancy cut me off.

 "She can come," Nancy says as she climbs into the back seats with Jonathan. I groan and open my car door and get in.

 "Where to?" I ask.

 Nancy sighs and says "The Byers house first. Does Y/n even know about the situation?" 

 Y/n decides to answer the question. "Yeah! I know about your little brother and how he went missing Jonathan if that's what you're talking about. It sounded awful when I first heard about it, is he alright now though?" She asks. She was newer to Hawkins so she never really understood the whole "Demogorgon" shit. 

 Jonathan responds "Yeah he is... But um... That's not what we were talking about." 

 "Yes, it was!" I yell. I didn't want Y/n being brought into all this bullshit about Will being possessed or whatever. 

 "No!" Jonathan yells. "Listen Y/n my brother is ill, there are monsters after him and a little girl named-"

 "SHUT UP!" I yell. Y/n flinches and Nancy death glares me. I place my hand on Y/n thigh and whisper "Baby, I'm sorry, okay? I just... You don't need to know about all this and I don't need you being pulled into th-"

 "I want to know what's happening and help, Steve!" She says, raising her voice a bit. I shake my head. I was shocked at the sudden yelling. 

 "Fine..." I say. I looked back at Jonathan and saw him smiling, in a relieved sort of way.

Jonathan begins, "So-" I tuned out what he was saying because I was there. I witnessed every last scenario, I didn't need to hear this boring fucking story again.