Mike Wheeler: Property Of My Crush

Y/n's POV

I walked into my math class to see a binder on my desk. I picked it up and opened it to see what it was. It was a bunch of science notes and doodles of happy faces with really badly drawn animals. I flipped to the front of the binder, the inside cover. I black marker it said "Property of Mike Wheeler."

I got a little bit excited. Mike Wheeler has been my crush since grade 5. We were in grade 9 now so I got a little bit excited to see that name I still love. I walked out of class after, carrying an extra blue binder alongside my red one. I walked down the hallway and saw him at his locker searching through it.

I went to go over and became flustered quickly, causing me to freeze up. "Hey Y/n," he says to me. I bite my lip a bit.

"H-Hey Mike. I um... I found your bin-" I began holding out the blue binder in my hands before he ripped it from my hands.

"Where did you find this?" He asks looking at me.

"It um... It was in the Science room. Sorry, Mi-" He hugged me.

"I needed it for next period, I am so happy you found it." I hugged back taking in his scent. Then... Jane Hopper walked over.

"Hi, Mike," she says with a large smile. I pulled away and she hugged Mike, he hugged back and kissed her forehead.

"Anyways, thanks for finding my binder Y/n." He turns to Jane again and kisses her cheek. I nodded my head without saying anything and walked away.

I got to my locker and opened the door, my friend f/n ran over with a large smile on her face. "So I couldn't help but notice you were talking to Mr. Wheeler?"

I smiled softly and said "I was... Yeah." She squeals.

"Are you and him-" I cut her off quickly.

"Does it look like it?" I ask.

She looks over at Mike and Jane kissing in the middle of the hallway. I sighed and she said, "I see. Well! One day you guys will fuck." I gasped in shock as she walked away.

A few weeks later I was walking down the hallway and ran into Jane. She was crying as she ran into the bathroom. I got worried for her and followed her into the girl's bathroom. "Jane?" She was leaning on the sink counter and I ran over to her.

I went to hug her but she yelled: "He broke up with me!"

I sighed and said "It'll be alright... Why did you... Why did you guys break up though? If you don't mind me asking."

She turns to me and says "He just "lost interest" in me... What do I do?"

I said "You could... Grow on as an independent and confident woman?" She looked at me confused.

"Independent?" I nodded my head.

"Like... Alone, and strong." She smiled. She nodded her head and wiped her tears before leaving the bathroom. I sighed and walked over to my locker after exiting the graffiti-covered washroom.

I go through my locker and couldn't find my pencil case. I groan and look around the bottom of the locker. Nowhere. I close the locker and bring my binder to the next class. I sit in my seat, unable to take notes because of my missing pencil case.

The class bell rings and I walk out sad. I had a PRETTY awesome pencil case, it held my shit. That's why it was awesome.

I get to my locker and feel a presence behind me. I look behind me to see Mike Wheeler.

"Hey," he says. I look at his hand and see my pencil case. "Oh, yeah! I came to return this to you" he says.

I smile and throw it in my locker since it's lunch now. I turn to him again and he seems to be closer than before. "I heard you and Jane broke up," I said.

He nods his head saying "I lost interest... I didn't want to drag on a relationship that wasn't filled with actual love, you know what I mean?"

I shrug and say "I guess... Not really, actually. I've never been in a relationship, I mean... Who would want to be in a relationship with me? Look at me, Wheeler." I giggled at the insult towards myself.

He shook his head and said, "I know there is probably someone out there that likes you."

I swallow hard and nod my head, deep down wishing it was him that liked me. "Well, I'll see you in the third period then, I guess."

I close my locker and begin to walk away. He grabs my hand and says "Eat with me."

"I'm not eating though," I say. I never ate at lunch.

He says "Well... You don't have to eat. Just sit in the courtyard with me."

I sigh and say "Fine..." He walks me to the courtyard without his lunch as well. "Are you gonna get your lunch?" He shakes his head, "no."

We sit outside on the benches and he looks over at me, he says "Do you know if we have a Geography exam?"

I nod my head, confirming the fact that we do. He groans then laughs trying to break the awkwardness, "I'm gonna fail it." He says.

I shake my head in denial saying "You're definitely going to pass, you're like... The smartest person that I know, Mike." He smiles and shakes his head in disbelief.

I face him and say "No, really. You're REALLY smart, I feel like if there was a test about everything in the world, you'd pass. You're a genius in my eyes, maybe that's because I can't seem to pass a single science-"

"I'm not that smart." He says, cutting me off.

"You are though," I state. "Trust me..."

It started getting awkward again and I swallowed hard. I said, "Do you think you'll pass science?"

He nods his head saying, "Of course I do. I know I'll pass science. I love science. You saw my notes."

I nodded my head... Awkwardness. "Okay so... This is super awkward, can I just go to-" he was much closer than he was before. "Mike what are you-"

"Can I kiss you?" I felt my face heat up at his question. He just asked me if he could kiss me instead of just doing it. I blushed and said he could.

He moves his side against mine, places his lips on my own and I do it right back. He pulls away and asks "Do you maybe wanna... Go out sometime?"

I blush and say "I would... But you just broke up with Jane so... Do we have to?"

He nods his head before saying "No we don't have to... Maybe... Wait a week before we do?"

I nod my head and I smile while he smiles while playing with the neck part of my shirt. "It'll be fine, right?" He asks.

I nod my head saying "Of course." I hug him and he hugs back.

"I'll see you later." I get up and walk away from him being pulled back quickly to a standing Mike Wheeler, where he kisses me one more time quickly and laughs before leaving me under the tree.