Dustin Henderson: Immigrant

For @lunanightfall594

Dustin's POV

It was 1983, Hawkins Indiana, Will Byers had just gotten back and here I was watching the moving van pulled up next door. I looked out the window in disbelief. Another neighbour moved out. Maybe these ones have kids. I saw a pair of twin boys run out of the car and then this GORGEOUS girl. My eyes practically bulged out of my face. She was stunning.

 I opened my house door and she looked over at me. Her eyes shined in the sunlight. Gorgeous. I walked over and said "Um... Hey!"

She looked at me and said, "Hello, I'm Y/n."

I jogged over excited that I could possibly make a new friend. "I-I'm Dustin!"

She nodded her head at me. "Very nice to meet you," she said.

I asked her "How old are you?"

She smiled a bit more and said "I'm 12. How old are you?"

I smirk a bit then tell her "I'm 13" as she smiles. She seems to smile a lot, I like it though. "So! Where are you moving from?" I ask out of pure curiosity.

"I'm from Japan," she says. Her parents began to call for her and she responded.

"I have to go, Dustin. Thank you for talking to me." I walked over. I smiled and told her I'd love to talk to her again sometime.

She began walking towards her house and I called out "Wait! Are you going to Hawkins Middle School?!"

She looked back and smiled while nodding. "Actually, I am," she says.

I smile and say "You wanna walk with me to school tomorrow?"

She giggles and says "Sure."

The next morning we went to school together. I found out A LOT about her. She has twin brothers, both 8. She has a cat named "Hutt" because she enjoyed Star Wars and he was fat. She loved Dungeons and Dragons but never had someone to play it with.

We finally reached the school gates and I turned to her saying "If you want to play Dungeons and Dragons, you can. You can play it at my friend's place if you'd like. We do the campaign's ALL the time."

She bit her lip cutely and said "Sure... I have to go find my classes but I'll see you later."

I ran over to Mike, Lucas and Will. "Guys!" They looked at me.

"What's up, Dustin?" Will asks.

"Okay... So a girl moved in next door to me, I want her to join the group." Mike went to say something "Shut up, Mike." I say. "So! I want to know if she can join the group because she wants to play D&D and was never able to because nobody would play with her. Mike sighed in anger.

Y/n came over to Mike's that night after finally convincing Mike it would be cool to have a new girl join the party. She came down and she took the role of "Druid."

A few months later we sat in Mike's basement playing the game best game ever, laughing. The seating arrangement around the small table was Mike between Y/n and myself. To Y/n's left was Lucas and continuing from there was Will then me. Mike puts the board up in front of him and says "The Druid walks through the field of the dark magic filled glowing flowers. The Bard behind her. They avoid coming in any contact with the flowers as they travel to the forbidden palace. The Druid collapses from accidentally hitting one, the dark magic flowing through her extremely quick."

Lucas and Will smirk at me as Y/n falls to the floor and Mike laughs at her awful re-enactment of the situation. I was confused as to why they smirked yet I stand up to see her clearly from the other side of the table.

"The Bard kneels down next to her" Mike says looking at me with a smile. I do as he says.

I take her hand into my own laughing saying "Oh, my dearest Druid, please AWAKEN FROM THIS AWFUL-"

"SHUT UP DWEEBS!" I hear Nancy from upstairs causing us all to laugh. I look up at Mike waiting for the next part.

He smiles at me and Y/n saying "The bard awakens her with-"

Y/n sits up and goes "I'm awake!" Everyone laughs at her.

Not a split second later, Mike turns and the bottom of his foot comes in contact with her forehead pushing her back down gently saying "No you're not! He awakes her with... A kiss."

Lucas and Will go "Ooh!" as I look at Mike with my mouth agape and eyebrows furrowed. She keeps her eyes closed and I quickly kiss her. I hold my lips on hers for maybe 3 seconds before pulling away. She slowly sits up and says "I-I'm awake?"

Mike nods his head and says "As a matter of fact, you are Druid. You are. Thanks to your Bard." She blushes and sits next to Mike once again. I sit between Mike and Will again, looking at Y/n on the other side of the table. She was SUPER red. I smirk at her and say "That was awkward" the rest of the group laughs. She nods her head and soon the night comes to a close.

"The Bard and the Druid had purchased a small cabin in the Cherry Blossom Forest with the remainder of their drachmae. The Ranger continued to do his bounties being paid more than he had ever imagined he could and the Cleric would be forever protected by the Paladin." Mike says as he smiles at Will. Will blushed. I became suspicious but the only thought going through my head was that I had kissed my crush. We all cheered except Y/n.

Y/n asks "Whatever happened to the Ranger's wife?"

Lucas looked over and said "Yeah! The one with the January ember hair? She lived in what you called "Mayfield"?"

We all looked at him and Mike said: "Maybe he'll find her next year."

"In 1984?" Lucas asks.

"YES! Jeeze, just wait. Our next campaign will happen soon!" Lucas scoffs.

"Soon? As in... 1984?" Y/n says.

Will chimes in "Yeah! YOU ALSO SAID THE CLERIC WAS FOUND COFFING UP A CREATURE AFTER GOING TO THE DARK REALM?!"

Mike says "Yeah! What about it!?"

"WHAT WAS IT!?" I yell.

"I don't know! A BABY OR SOMETHING!" He stands up.

"So he was pregnant?" Y/n asks causing us all to laugh.

"Oh yeah, Will was pregnant. It's a baby Demogorgon!" He laughs louder till his mom comes to inform us its time to head out.

We're all upstairs at the garage and Y/n turns to Mike. I am standing behind her to hear her ask "Does the Mage come back, Mike?"

He is quiet for a second before saying "Hopefully, one day."

"In 1984?" She asks.

He chuckles and says "You can only hope."

I walked with Y/n home. Y/n smiles at me as we stop at our houses. "Thanks for waking me up Bard."

I smirked and said "Thanks for... Um... Letting me? Wake you up?"

She giggles. She hugs me and says "See ya later, I guess."

"Yeah, see ya." I walked away. I get into my house and smile, I just had my first kiss. It was Mike's fault. Mental thanks to him.