Will Byers: Bet

For @-schnipper

Will's POV

I ran down the hallway of my school and tripped over Mike's foot. I quickly got up and heard Y/n say "Do you ever go a day without tripping?"

 I looked at her and said, "I CAN go a day, it just doesn't happen much."

She smirked and said, "I bet you can't."

I stood up straight as Mike facepalmed. "I bet you I can?"

"A quarter, let's go. Go the rest of today without tripping."

She crossed her arms and I said "No problem at all."

I watched as Y/n walked down the hallway. She was always really pretty to me, I wanted that quarter though. Mike grabbed my shoulder and said, "You're gonna lose!"

I shook my head in denial saying "I'm not losing." I walked towards my next class with a large smirk on my face. That smirk meant "Confidence." I walked into my classroom and Y/n had me sit beside her.

After school, I walked over to the tree Y/n always sat under. "Give me my quarter!"

She looked shocked and said "Excuse me?

"I didn't trip today! I get my quarter!" She stood up and reached into her pocket, pulling out the small silver coin. I grabbed it from her hand quickly and she giggled.

I walked down the courtyard with her until we reached the gates. She hit her shoulder off the gate. I grabbed her hand and pulled her close to me. She placed her hand on my shoulder and looked into my eyes. "Are you okay?" I asked her.

She giggled and said "Yeah... I mean..."

I looked at her arm to see a large cut. "Let me help you with that," I say heading towards my mom's car.

She screams "No! I can do it." I smirk.

"I bet you can't." I walk over to her really close and whisper "I'd love to see you try..." She looks into my eyes.

"Then that's just what you'll see. For the quarter?" She raised her eyebrow.

"For the quarter," I say, clarifying the deal was on.

She backs away and runs to my car. "Do you have anything I could wrap this up with, Joyce?"

My mom looks super confused until she looks at her. "Oh goodness, of course... Um... The house isn't too far. Let's go there I will um... I'll um... Yeah, I'll let you borrow our first aid kit, WILL GET IN THE CAR!"

I run over and climb in the back, letting Y/n have the front seat. My mom drives quickly down the road towards our home. We hit the forest, speeding down the dirt path. My mom jumps out of the car when we arrive at the house.

She gets to the door before Y/n and I did. I wrap my arm around her waist as she slowly started to lose blood. I looked at her arm and could only see it covered in blood. She clung to me as she started falling.

I pulled her into the house. She continued to cling to me. I brought her to the bathroom. My mom grabbed the first aid kit and began to fix her wound. Covering it.

After about 10 minutes of cleaning her arm and bandaging it, she was sleeping in my bed. I was sitting on my chair and drawing on my desk. The piece of paper was making a small scratching noise as I shaded in my drawing of a goblin.

I heard a small voice. "Did I win?"

I looked over at Y/n, happy to hear her voice. I ran over to her and sat on the bed. She smiled up at me before asking me again, "Did I win?"

I shook my head "no" and she sighed.

"Hold on... Where's my coat?" I shook my head.

"You don't need to pay me, you were losing blood, school hurts people. Now I have proof." She looked at me and giggled. "How is your arm feeling, Y/n?" I asked her.

She sat up and said "It stings a bit, other than that. It's alright."

I moved close to her and she put her hand on my hand when I put mine on her leg. She stared at me for a second and I stared back.

"Do you wanna stay the night?" I asked her.

She giggles and says "I bet my mother won't let me stay the night at a boy's house. ESPECIALLY yours."

"Why ESPECIALLY mine?" I looked at her confused.

She became all flushed and said "Um... No reason. She just probably won't let me." She looked into my eyes and I laughed. I ran to the hallway.

"STAY THERE Y/N!" She responded telling me she would do just that. I sighed and ran towards the kitchen. I grabbed the phone and called her mom.

"Hey, Mrs.L/n? Can Y/n stay over? It's Will." She laughed.

"I know who it is Will, and um... Sure. Can I just talk to your mom, please?" I looked at my mom. I nodded my head as if she could see me and handed her the phone.

My mom took it and began clarifying the plans for the night with her mom. I eagerly stared at my mom waiting for her to either gives me the thumbs up or tell me she had to go home.

I grabbed 6 cookies from the plate next to me while looking at my mom. She nodded her head as if to tell me I can take them. My mom gave me a thumbs up and a wink to tell me Y/n could stay the night.

I screamed a "WOO!" and ran back to my room. I jumped on the bed next to her and she pulled at my shirt to bring me close to her. I smirked and looked at her.

"You lost yet, ANOTHER, bet!" She smiled at me screaming that. "ALSO! I bet I'll eat three cookies before you can!"

She giggles and says "Sure, whatever makes you happy. You'll never beat me at this."

We began biting into the cookies and throughout the night multiple more bets were won by me. I continued to colour in my goblin. For the past hour, Y/n had seemed a bit off. I thought she was maybe anxious or nervous about something. I decided to ask.

"You okay, Y/n?" I looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"I-I bet you're too scared to kiss me..." She looked at me, CLEARLY full of anxiety. I would be too though. After saying that.

"What?" I asked as if I hadn't heard her. I heard her good and clear though. I just wanted to hear her again.

She giggled a bit and said, "I-I was joking."

I knew when Y/n was lying, and she was. I walked over to the bed and sat with her. I looked into her eyes and held her hand in one of my own. "Why is that a bet?" I asked.

She looked at me with fear in her eyes. She shook her head and said "I-I really don't know. I'm sorry."

I sat closer to her and whispered: "I'm not gonna lose a bet today."

She blushed and said, "You don't have to. We can say you won, I'm just being a normal girl with a stupid high school-"

I kissed her. She cupped my cheek and I kissed her a bit deeper. My first kiss was with her. This was it. I liked it. A lot.

She pulled away with a large blush spread across her cheeks. I smiled and said, "I kinda like you, Y/n."

She smiled at me and said "Um... I like you too. Kinda?"

I hugged her and said, "You'll always lose bets by the way."

She playfully hit me and I laughed. I ended up dating her for a few months until she had to move. I walked up to her house where they were all leaving Hawkins.

"Y/n?" I asked. She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. I wrapped my own around her shoulders. She sniffled. "I don't want to go Will. But... I bet you won't miss me as much as you say you will."

I cupped her cheeks and said, "I will miss you," before placing a small gentle kiss on her soft lips. She pulled away and I said, "I bet you'll forget me."

She wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me down pushing her lips against mine. She whispered against my lips after that and said: "I finally win a bet."