Jonathan Byers: I Love You Y/n

@painttech0320 I couldn't quite remember 100% what you had asked for so I am thinking it was along this. Comment at the end if I had done it right. <3

Jonathan's POV

I watched as my sister, Y/n, ran through the house while I made some more missing kid posters for our brother Will. She was climbing on things and after Will went missing I have been keeping a harsh watch on her. Not wanting her to get hurt or being alone.

I quickly stood up and ran to her as her six-year-old little self-was about to take a leap of faith off of the back of the armchair. I grabbed her and carried her to sit on the sofa where I had previously been sitting and wrapped my arms around her little waist and pulled her onto my lap and said "You're not allowed to get hurt" as she bounced on my lap eager to run and play. I smiled and kissed her temple as she yawned. Within that few second time span, her whole mood had changed from energetic to sleepy.

She nuzzled her face against mine and I put on arm under her legs and the other around her back a little bit under her arms and she whispers "I'm tired Jonathan."

I nodded saying "I'm bringing you to bed."

She sniffled a bit and I carried her to her room because it was her bedtime anyway. It was very late.

I got her into her room and laid her down on her bed. I sat on the bed as she sat up and crawled over to me and wrapping her small arms around my waist and whispering "When does Will come home?"

I sighed and teared up as I whispered "I don't know Y/n, but I wish I did." as she sighs from my response.

"I want to play with him. I know he doesn't like me because I'm only his adopted sister but I want him. I know he doesn't like me at all, Just... I really want to play with him. So he can learn to like me, Jonathan." as she sniffled.

I sighed and looked down at her face and I said "Well, me you and mommy are going to Mike's House for dinner tomorrow. You can play with Holly."

She started crying and I moved away from her, took my socks off, pulled her duvet over me and pulled her into bed with me. I wrapped my arms around her and then the door opened and we both jumped up her saying out "Will!?"

My mom gave her a sad smile and said "Sorry sweetie. Just me. I wanted to see my little princess."

She got out of bed and walked over hugging Joyce. Joyce hugged back and picked her up asking "How are you?"

She sighed and didn't answer the question but asked out "Mommy?"

Mom looked down at her with a big smile and Y/n sniffled and said "I want Will back." as she put her face in moms neck. Mom sighed and rubbed her back while she whispered something into her ear and Y/n nodded. My mom walked over to me after placing Y/n onto the bed and dragged me from the room.

She closed Y/n's door and said "I think I need you to go babysit Mike, Y/n and Holly at the Wheeler's house tomorrow. Karen and Ted are taking me out to a movie to get my mind off of things. Okay?"

I nodded my head knowing my mom needed this. I sighed and my mom says "thank you" and I smiled as I went to bed taking one last glance at Y/n, seeing her fast asleep.

I'm sitting on the Wheeler's basement sofa with Dustin, Mike and Lucas around me while Holly and Y/n play on the carpeted floor.

They were questioning about Will and then Lucas called out "Guys! Will is coming back! I mean... Jeeze. He's Will. He'll be back soon..."

Y'n looked up and met eyes with Lucas and her eyes were lighting up as she asked: "He's home?"

Lucas looked at her rudely and said "No you freaking idiot! DOES IT LOOK LIKE HE'S HOME!?"

Dustin hit him and got up picking up Y/n and Mike took her into his arms instead and says "Ignore Lucas. He's an asshole. Okay?" She nodded her head with a small tear pouring down her small s/c cheek and Mike continued. "Listen Y/n... He isn't home YET but he will be."

She pouts and says "I miss him."

Dustin rubs her back and says "We all miss him. But-"

Lucas takes her in the middle of Dustin's sentence and sits on the couch with her on his lap and says "He'll be back soon. I promise." She gets an angered look on her face and sniffles up another tear.

"What if he's dead?"

I looked at her shocked and asked: "What do you-"

"My mommy was dead. They promised she'd come back. She never did. What if Will is dead too."

Mike says "He's coming back Y/n! He always does..."

She tears up and says "I want to play with him..."

I sigh and say "Y/n... He'll be back soon. I swear."

She nods her head and I frowned at the new set of tears that poured down her cheeks.

Mike takes her again and says "How about we go outside and play. Would you-"

"NO!" I yelled out. "She is not going outside! Not after what happened to Will, Mike!"

He nodded his head and Y/n looked scared at how I had raised my voice and said "But... Jonathan."

"No..." I stated and said, "I love you Y/n, and I am not losing you too."

She nods her head and says "I love you too Jonathan."

Do you want a part two where Will comes back? I think that would be fun and I have ideas for it if you all want it lol.