Max Mayfield: Lets Be Friends

@1headphoneturtle1 I know it's short but I didn't know what to do with this.

Max's POV

"I'm not gay" I mumbled to myself. I was pacing in my room with my radio on playing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndie Lauper. I flopped onto my blankets and looked at my beige walls, white ceiling and the open window. My January Ember hair was sprawled across the bed sheets. I closed my eyes and heard knocking on the house door.

I got up and ran down the halls before I felt hands come in contact with my arm which threw me into the wall. I looked towards the door with a pissed look and saw Billy opening the door.

There she was. Flesh and bones. Y/n L/n. The new girl at our school that I had invited over for her first sleepover. Billy leans against the door frame and asks "Are you the slumber party guest?"

She nodded her head and pushed past him to run up to me for a hug. She whispered "Thank you for this, really" into my ear. I smiled and rubbed her back.

I took her hand and walked her into my room and she dropped her bag on the ground and I smiled. She sat on my bed and I sat with her and immediately felt butterflies in my stomach again. She blushed and held my hand saying "This is my FIRST sleepover ever! I never thought it would be with someone I just met."

I smirked and said "I know right?" but deep down inside I was screaming "JESUS SHE IS SO CUTE!"

She goes to her bag and opens it reaching in to hand me a small bag. I took it and she says "Open it" so I did just that. When I opened the bag I saw a small crystal and I asked: "Where did you get this?"

She blushes and says "Have you ever fallen for someone without even really knowing them?"

I scoffed thinking about the situation I was in right now as I said "Hell yeah, it is... Insane."

"Don't kick me out?" she says as she continues through her bag.

I arched my eyebrow up in confusion before she says "I like you... A lot. Like... A LOT!"

I sighed and said, "I get it..."

She sighed and said "And I get you don't feel the same... But! Keep in mind I do still want to be-"

"Friends?" I asked.

She sighed and said "Yes..."

I got on the floor and grabbed her hand and said "I like you too... But I do want to stay friends."

 She nodded her head slowly. I hugged her and the rest of the night was just like any other girls sleepover. No kissing. No cuddling. We just... Watched a movie and hung out.