Billy Hargrove: Chop It Off

For @kindakayo

Billy's POV

I walked into the school, thinking I was on time. I thought I was on time until I saw the empty halls. All empty except my girlfriend, Y/n. She was walking towards me, her beauty illuminated by the hallway lights. I smile nervously thinking of the deal we had made.

The previous week, we had made a deal.

A deal that I was going to show up to school on time all this week so I can keep my mullet because she didn't like it. She shook her head as she walked towards me. "Billy, Billy, Billy," she says, shaking her head and smirking.

"This doesn't count," I state, hoping that my excuse would help me here.

"Why so?" She asks.

"Max didn't wake me up on time which meant I couldn't catch the school bus on time. So! Therefore, I was late," I state. I had been making it up as I went along and she obviously looked right through my lies.

She says "Mhm, so... Your bus is your car and your alarm clock which is quite loud didn't wake you?" She asks. I chuckle realizing that she has slept at my place on school nights hundreds of times and would know how it all goes down in the morning.

"Um..." I start, chuckling for a second. "Yeah, that's it," I say. She giggles and wraps her arms around her neck, her small fingers begin playing with the ends of my hair.

"We're chopping it all off tonight, at my place," she states before walking off towards class.

I grab her hand and pull her close saying "OR! We could just forget this late ever happened and cut me some-"

"I'm so EXCITED to get rid of it all!" She yells, cutting me off before skipping away. I could only stand there in shock after that statement. I watched her cute little booty run down the hall.

I walked out of after school, hoping to avoid Y/n. I felt small hands be placed on my back and I turned around. "Hey gorgeous," I say. She giggles and pulls me against her to kiss her. I kiss back smirking and then she pulls away.

"Are you ready to look fucking hot as hell?" She asks. I scoff, my confidence going through the roof.

"My mullet makes me look hot as hell, Y/n." She laughs sarcastically before telling me it was coming off whether I liked it or not and we went to my car.

I was driving slowly to her house to keep my mullet on as long as I can. She smiles wide and beautifully as we pull into her driveway. I groan and look around not wanting to exit the vehicle. "Why do we have to do this? How about we say this bet was just a joke and we-" I hear my passenger side door slam from beside me and I look out the front window to see Y/n walking lightly around my vehicle.

She opens my door and says "Let's chop it off, baby," as she pulls my hand, dragging me from the comfort of my now forsaken sanctuary I called "my car."

She opens her door and looks around before calling "Mum?!" which she received zero response from. She giggles and pulls me towards her bedroom. Most times when she'd drag me to her bedroom we'd be getting freaky but this time was different. This time I was going to LOOK freaky and people would look at me like I was a fish on drugs.

She pulls her wooden chair out from under her vanity and taps the seat telling me to sit there. I groan and do as directed. I look in her vanity mirror as she skips out. I looked across the makeup brushes and palettes sprawled across the countertop.

Seconds later she walks in with hair styling scissors, a comb and a spray bottle filled with water. "I've been cutting my brothers' hair for years, Billy," she reassures me. Or at least attempts to reassure me. She leans down and pecks my temple.

She takes out large hair clips and pins my hair up. I shiver at the thought of the long hairs about to pour down the back of my shirt before she asks, "wanna take off your shirt, Billy?"

I stand up quickly and slowly remove my shirt, again, trying to slow the process of hair loss by girlfriend. She wraps her arms around my waist once I remove my shirt and she whispers "Trust me handsome, you'll look..." she hesitates, looking me up and down once then finishing her sentence. "You'll look so handsome if you just let me do it without you struggling." She looks up at me, a gorgeous shade of e/c and hope, fogging over her eyes as she stares into my own.

"Fine, can we just be quick about it? Or at least can you tell me how long this will take?" I ask. She giggles.

"Less than 30 minutes, I promise," she states, pulling me back into the seat in front of her vanity. I feel water hit the back of my neck and the sound of a spray bottle trigger being pulled to release mists of water into my locks.

After maybe 22 minutes, she stops. I become confused very quickly. Probably because I had my eyes tightly closed through the whole experience.

I felt the chair get turned and came face to face with the love of my high school experience so far in front of me. "I don't want to see this monster you put on my head," I say.

She immediately seems to have a sad look on her face as if I had insulted her, that's when I replayed what I had said in my head and stood up. "Okay," she says, walking out of the room quickly.

"Baby! Wait! That's not what I meant!" I yell and run after her through her home, I ran past one of the mirrors in the hallway to take a quick step back to look at the haircut. "Wow..." I say, actually thoroughly impressed with the outcome and smirk.

 I walk out to the living room and see her on the couch alone, I sit next to her and push my new hair back as much as I can before saying, "that's not what I meant, babe

I walk out to the living room and see her on the couch alone, I sit next to her and push my new hair back as much as I can before saying, "that's not what I meant, babe."

She shrugs and says "Doesn't matter, I thought you'd like it and-"

"And I do," I say, finishing her sentence. "I just looked at it and I ACTUALLY think I like it."

She bites her lip and looks at me hopefully. "Really?"

"Yeah," I say, a smile spread across my cheeks.

She cuddles up to me and smiles, messing up my new haircut and putting a smile on my face.