Dustin Henderson: After My First Kiss

Dustin's POV

I walked into the Snow Ball with my hair done up the way Steve had done it. I quickly ran out of the gym and to the bathroom to use it before the dance, so that mid-dance, I didn't have to pee. I washed my hands and quickly looked up to the mirror making finger guns and winking at myself in the reflection. I rolled my tongue and went back to the gymnasium to meet up with my friends.

I walked past Nancy, Mike's sister, and said a simple "Hey Nanc" in which she said "Hey" back and I continued through the losers to find my group.

I found Max, Lucas, Mike along with Will then smiled at them while I stuck my tongue out along with my arms and spun around so they could see the whole masterpiece only for Mike to say "Holy shit, what happened to you?"

I became worried as if I messed something up on my way from the car to the school doors. I looked good in the mirror. I asked, "What do you mean what happened?" just to make sure.

Mike looked shocked at my confusion and says "What?"

Lucas simply says "Dude..."

Max had me even more confused as she said "Your hair..."

Lucas reached up for my hair and asked: "Is there a bird nesting in that?"

I became deeply insulted and simply hollered out as I pushed his hand away "No, what do you mean what's wrong with my hair? There's no bird nesting in here! Assholes." mumbling the last word only for them to hear. They laughed. I patted at my hair gently and said "I worked hard..."

They all continued to smile, our smiles died as we heard the slow song start. All the kids in the gym practically just turned to the closest opposite gender next to them to dance with.

My sight turned to see Lucas swiftly turn towards Max. He says "Max?" She turns to him, he says "hey, um... It's nice, right? Wanna, um... You wanna like, you know, like, just... You and me?" He nods his head.

I couldn't help but think "Now you're a crush stealer and can't speak the English language."

She says "Are you trying to ask me to dance stalker?"

He looked as if he did something wrong and was trying to cover it up and says "No. Of course not." A blush spreads across Max's cheeks and she smiles. Lucas says "Unless... You want to. Do you?"

Max says "So, smooth." and grabs his hand saying "Come on."

It broke my heart watching them walk onto the floor. Things happen though. I just sighed.

A girl walked over to Will and said: "Hey zombie boy, Do you wanna dance?"

Will got awkward and said "I, um... I don't um..." Mike started nudging him and nodding his head and Will said "I mean yeah, yeah sure." and took her hand. They walked to the dance floor and held each other, awkwardly.

I looked and saw a group of girls standing around and giggling. I popped the collar of my tux and sighed causing Mike to look at me. "Wish me luck Mike. I'm going in." I said nodding towards the girls and winking at him walking over.

I called out the girls name "Stacy" then I reached the group and she hadn't even looked at me. I stopped walking once I reached the group. I tried again. "Stacy? Stacy." I cleared my throat and said it a bit louder "Stacy!"

She and her friends stopped talking and she looked at me. She had a snooty look on her face and asked "Yeah?"

I cleared my throat and held my hand out to her and said: "Shall we?"

She scoffs and says "Um... No thanks," in a snooty tone and walked away with her friends giggling behind her. I just watched her and her friends walk away sadly.

I breathed in heavily again and looked at a pair of girls the way they went and walked over to them. I smiled at them and they walked away quickly. I became sad immediately.

I looked back at the group of students dancing with each other for a few minutes and then walked over to the bleachers. I sat down and cried. I sat for a few minutes before I felt a presence next to me.

I looked to my left and saw the girl everyone looked at as a loser. She had large glasses on her face and she smiled at me as she said "Don't be so... Down. All the girls you were asking were shit anyway. Or... Were going to ask at least. There are much better girls. Personality overlooks visual appearance sometimes Henderson."

I scoffed and said "Right... Wouldn't matter, they are probably all rude. Not a single girl in this school is a good person. Point one out."

She giggles and I had to admit it was pretty cute. She says "Come with me. I will introduce you to one." She grabs my hand and makes me walk with her to a wall and turns to me and says "This is Y/n!" as she holds her hand out to me.

I laughed and shook her hand. "I'm Dustin." she giggles.

She says "Nice to meet you, I'm Y/n." She stepped to the side and said "Well Y/n, Dustin, you guys get to know each other a bit. Bye Dustin." She walked behind me and jumped around me ending up in front of me again and acted all shy and said "Wow... She can be crazy. Sorry about her, twins! Am I right?"

I laughed and said, "I wouldn't know, and neither would you."

I looked at her dress and it was a floral blue and white one. She says "What are you talking about that was my twin! I have a twin sister, obviously, and an older brother!" as she giggles again.

I smile and ask "Why are you talking to a loser anyway?"

She sighs and says "Because I am one too. Now, do you want to dance or what Loser?"

I smiled and said "Sure."

She grabs my hand and brings me to the floor and places her hands on my shoulders and sways while I place my own on her hips.

She smiles and sways with me and I ask "Wanna get to know each other?"

She nods her head and I ask "What's your favourite animal?"

Y/n smiles and says "f/ a, obviously. You?"

I sigh and say "I think... A llama? OR a Sabertooth Tiger!" with a huge smile.

"Those are extinct you weirdo." She giggles and I ask her another question.

"Favourite colour?" with a smirk I asked.

"F/c, favourite actress?" She has a huge blush and I say "Molly Ringwald."

After the dance, she went back up on the bleachers and she began reading through her book and I ran up and grabbed her hand and asked: "Can I do something?"

She sits up straight and says "I'm not sure, let me ask Y/n." She smiles in her seat as I smile back and she says "Hey Y/n, can Dustin do something?" She spins again and is facing me as she says "You wanted to do something?"

I smile and hesitantly ask "Can I um... Can I... Can I kiss you?"

She blushes and sits up and nods her head slowly saying "Mhm..."

I moved closer to her and just did it. She did it back and I blushed. We pulled away and I heard a familiar voice say "Dude..."

We both faced the bottom of the bleachers and saw Steve. Steve sighs and says "My sister?"

I blushed harder and Y/n lept down the steps and ran out giggling. Steve looks at me and says "Did she do the twin thing?"

I sighed and nodded my head as he mumbles "She's a damn weirdo... Sorry. See ya." He turns around and goes after my first kiss.