Max Mayfield: I Like You

Yes, this is a lesbian one! GET OVER IT! Should I make some for like... Barb, El, Nancy?

Max's POV

I walked away from Lucas going to my best friend Y/n. The more I hung out with her though, the more I felt... Different. Whenever I was around her I had this churning in my stomach.

I looked around to find her and noticed she was gone. I looked out the window to see Mike and her talking. I still have NO clue why Mike hates me so much, but either way, there he is, flirting, as always. Ever since El disappeared again 2 years ago he has been flirting with everyone. Everyone BUT ME! Thank god. I could tell recently though he ACTUALLY likes her and for some strange reason this pisses me off.

I ran outside when I saw my Billy pull up. I quickly called out "Y/n! Billy's here let's go!"She ran from Mike and I gave him the finger while I climbed in the back with Y/n. She blushed smiled and looked at me as I smiled at her.

Billy pulled into the parking spot at Y/n's house and said: "Get the fuck out!" Y/n jumped out of the car quickly and I climbed out with my bag and went to the back of the car to grab my sleeping bag. Before I could grab it Billy started backing up to leave and I jumped out of the way and he drove off. I looked at Y/n and she said "It's fine. I have another sleeping in the house. Okay?" I smiled and said "Yeah. Thanks." She giggles cutely and skipped into the house. I think I finally knew what that churning feeling in my stomach was and is now.

I placed my bag on the floor at her door as her cat Wishes walked over. She had named her Wishes because Y/n had wished for a cat on her birthday. She wished for the cat and now has one. So her name was Wishes.

I sat at her family dinner table and her mother looked at me and asked "So. Max. How is school going for you?" I nearly choked on my spaghetti. They never ask me a question but I answered as quickly as I could. "Um... Pretty good. My science mark isn't the best. Art is going well though." They smiled and looked back at their meals. I let out a breath I hadn't noticed I was holding.

We were setting up the floor where I would sleep and Y/n was grabbing a VHS copy of Star Wars. I smirked as she ran back in with the movie and opened her VHS player. She pushed in the tape and I jumped up onto her bed.

Maybe an hour into the movie I had begun to get sleepy. I turned to Y/n and whispered "I'm tired" and she turned off the movie and took a deep breath. Her beautiful lips making a small gap between them as the breath slipped through. She pulled me to lie down with her pulling her blankets over us in the meantime.

She scratched the back of her neck and whispered "Max?" I looked up at her and hummed in response as my way of telling her to continue. She stutters out a bit and I couldn't quite hear her so I asked: "Why don't you just tell me."

She wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me. I wrapped mine around her shoulders and whispered: "Just tell me." She starts crying and I rubbed her back. "I don't want to ruin our friendship." She whines into my shoulder.

I chuckle and say "nothing can do that" as she looks up at me. I squeezed her hand and it was so sudden. It happened so suddenly. I pressed my lips to hers and she cupped my cheek. I cupped her cheek and her bedroom door squeaked open.

Wishes climbed up onto the bed and nuzzled her face against my leg. I blushed and looked back at Y/n and whispered "be my girlfriend" she nodded her head and said, "of course." I kissed her one last time and her, Wishes, and I fell asleep. 

I woke up to Y/n in my arms cuddling with me and my older brother petting Wishes at the end of the bed. "Wait, what?" I thought. I was wondering why the hell Billy is here. He smiles gently at me and says "Don't worry about it. I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to know if you're gay." I went to stutter out an answer and I just ended up nodding my head "yes" as he said "cool. I knew you were from when you started skateboarding." 

 I death glared him and heard a faint "Max?" I looked down to see Y/n with sleep drowning her beautiful e/c eyes. I giggled and said "Hey Y/n." She giggled her adorable giggle and sat up to see Billy petting Wishes. He looked up at her and smiled. 

 He has always been sweet to Y/n. I smiled when she smiled at Billy and Wishes. Wishes had always taken a particular liking to Billy. I looked down to see Billy pushing his nose against his hand and I smirked at Y/n. She looked back at me and said "Hi." I chuckled and said "hey." She cuddled into my side and Billy said "Well I came to pick you up you little shit. Let's go." and walked out of the room with Wishes by his feet. 

 I turned to Y/n and said "I love you. Gotta go. Don't talk to Mike. See ya" and ran out of the room. That is the story on how I found my brand new loving girlfriend.