Will Byers: You're Not Alone

MENTIONS OF SELF HARM!

Y/n's POV

I sat there on my bed, scared. That's all I was... I was scared. Every once in a while I'd blink and the whole room would look like that awful place. My boyfriend, Will Byers's friends called it "The Upside Down" but I just call it scary.

I slid off my bed and curled into a ball against it, crying. I wrapped my arms around my curled up legs. I saw it again. Dark, scary, flakes falling around me of god knows what. Actually... God probably doesn't even know what this is.

It all went away and I ran out of the room and into the kitchen to grab a chefs knife, I don't know why but I needed it. I quickly moved to the bathroom and held it out as if I was going to drive it right through my chest. Then I thought "Do I want to end it all... Or do I want to simply injure myself."

I looked around the bathroom for something smaller but my eyes continued to dart back to the large blade in my small hands. I threw the knife down so hard that I didn't even hear the front door open or my boyfriend calling out "Y/n?!"

I collapsed to the bathroom floor and grabbed the blade one more time, not really knowing what I was doing at this point but I held it to my wrist and began pushing down, prepared to tear it across my s/c skin. That was before I heard my boyfriend's quiet voice, "Y/n?"

I looked behind me and within seconds Will's arms were thrown around my body and he was pulling me close, tearing the knife from my grip to throw it in the tub. I cried harder than I had before. He turned my body to face him and before he could say anything I threw my arms around his neck... and sobbed.

He held me tightly before whispering "What the hell were you doing?"

I cried hard while stuttering out "I-I do- I don't know!"

He sat with me in the bathroom for around 30 minutes before bringing me to my room. We were sitting on my carpet against my bed with his arms around my body. He whispered, "Don't EVER consider something that bad."

I placed my hands on his shoulder and sat on my knees to the right of his legs while looking into his eyes. "Will, I don't know what I was doing, OR considering. I'm sorry, Will. I just feel so... Alone in this."

He sat up quick causing my hands to fall from his shoulder. He caught me quickly and held my hands in his. "I don't care HOW alone you feel, just know Your skin isn't paper so don't cut it."

"Will, I don't think you-" He cuts me off, which I didn't mind knowing I was going to say something dumb anyway.

" Your body isn't a book so don't judge it, and most importantly... Your life isn't just some story... So please don't end it?" I looked into his eyes. He had tears in his eyes.

I climbed on my bed and he followed me to hug me again. I hugged back as he kissed my forehead. "Will?"

"You're not alone." He didn't even let me ask a question, he just told me I wasn't alone. I smiled and closed my eyes after leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I think I am alone here though, The Upside Down is-" He cut me off.

"Everywhere?" He asks looking down at me.

I sat on my knees on the bed and asked: "How did you know?"

"It's the same for me, remember? I was there with you?" He holds my hands. I nodded my head as he continues. "You're not alone. I am going through the same things you're going through. That's a promise, pumpkin."

I sighed before asking "Did you just call me pumpkin?"

He shrugged and said, "Maybe I did, what are you going to do about it?"

I hugged him before saying "Nothing. Do you promise I'm not alone?"

He nods his head quickly. I say "Okay."

I hear the front door open before Will's friends were calling through the house "ARE YOU ALIVE?!"

I looked at Will, pissed off that they were here. It WAS just Will and I but now his friends are here. They ran in and Dustin hugged me saying an exasperated "Thank, god."

I hugged back hesitantly and said, "I'm happy you're happy."

I smile and say "Thanks."

I walked over to the bedroom door and closed it after Lucas walked in. Mike looked at me asking "What happened?"

I went to answer but Lucas said "Yeah! We heard you died!"

I looked at Will shocked and Will stood up. He stood beside me and looked into the eyes of his three friends. I sighed as he said, "I didn't say she freaking died, I said she ALMOST killed herself, NEVER said she died."

"You did say she COULD'VE died." I groaned when Dustin said that. Will grabbed my hand giving me the eyes that said it would be alright, even when it wouldn't.

Dustin hears the house phone ring and runs out to it. I follow him and say "You can't just answer my pho-"

"Hello?!" He answered anyways, of course.

"Dustin get off the-" He continues to talk.

"Yeah, no... She isn't here right now, can I take a message?" He looks at me after a second and waves me off the grab paper and a pencil for him. "Yeah, hold on, just grabbing something to write with."

As I walked to my room I saw Lucas helping himself to a drink and I groaned. I grab paper but couldn't find a pen so I scream back "I don't have a pencil!" I walked back out and handed him the paper.

Mike closes the antique drawer aggressively and says "Got a pencil!" handing it to the curly haired weirdo on my phone.

"Okay, thank you. Bye." Dustin hangs up the phone and uses a magnet to put the note on the fridge. Dustin turns to say something.

I scream "GET OUT!" and they all leave. All but Will. I dumped the rest of Lucas' drink into the sink before rinsing out the cup. Will turned me around and looked me intensely in the eyes.

"See?" He asks with a huge smile on his adorable face.

"See, what? That these people don't know ANYTHING about-" He hugs me and I hesitantly hug back.

"You're not alone... At all." He cups my cheeks. "You've got us." He smiles.

"I do..." I say with a gentle smile. He hugs me tightly.

He whispers "You'll never be alone. As long as you've got me, you'll never be alone."

I closed my eyes into our hug and said: "I hope I never lose you, Will Byers..."

"You won't."