Mike Wheeler: Birthday

Barb's POV

I frowned as I saw Y/n, my little sister, sit with her crush and his girlfriend. I felt bad for her. She really liked the Wheeler boy and he didn't like her even the slightest bit. Maybe slightly but... Not much. I knew Dustin, Lucas, Max, and Will knew about her liking, Mike. El has worked her ass off to make sure Mike and Y/n don't touch, even look at each other.

Y/n's birthday was coming up and I had a plan. I went up to my room and called Nancy. She answered quickly and said, "Barb I'm not coming to get him." I laughed and said, "I don't want you to. Y/n's birthday is coming up. I need you to have El stay home but your brother show at my place with the others. All but Max and El. The original squad back together." I could almost hear the smile as she said "No problem."

The next week was the big day and I only hoped that Nancy was able to work the plan. I set up the house with balloons and food and other things all up until Y/n walked in. I smiled at her and said "Surprise!" That's when I noticed the tears seeping down her cheeks. I quickly ran over and hugged her and said "It's your birthday. Why in the world are you crying?"

She mumbled "He said I was useless" referring to Mike. I kissed her forehead. I heard the back door knock and I ran to it. I opened the door and Lucas and Dustin came in with gifts. They put the gifts on the counter and ran over to Y/n.

Mike's POV

I walked with Will to Y/n's and I was pissed off because it was her birthday and fucking El left me for Troy. I screwed up and called Y/n "useless" which she isn't. When she walked away crying I finally noticed that I was madly in love with her.

I remember how happy she was when we first met and how happy she was till El came along. I turned to Will and asked, "Does Y/n have a crush on me?" He chuckled and said "maybe" slowly. I blushed and said, "Should I kiss her tonight?" He nodded his head "yes" and said, "give it a shot" as we walked up the path to the door.

He reached out and rang the doorbell and Barb answered. She looks down at me and asked: "Where's your girlfriend?" I shook my head and smirked, "I hope she will be the girl behind this door named Y/n." I said with a chuckle. She smirked and said, "Don't worry about it. She will be."

We entered the house to see Y/n, Lucas and Dustin setting up a Risk board. I chuckled and Will jumped to the floor after he handed his gift in a bag to Barb. I hugged Barb and handed her my gift. I walked over to the group and sat down next to Y/n. I could tell she was still sad as she moved away a little and handed Lucas his favourite colour and handed me the box with the bags. I took out green and put them next to me.

I placed down another piece. I leaned back and accidentally pressed against Y/n. She leaned away and I looked at her and quickly apologized. She got up with her walkie and went to the kitchen. I went to follow her when Will screamed out "I WIN!" and I jumped a bit.

I went back to walking till I noticed the faint sound of cries and "ssh" coming from the kitchen. I walked a bit closer to hear some things. "If you like him tell him." "I was going to Barb and he called me useless." I was shocked. I should have seen this coming. Isn't this like... Every wattpad story you read about me though? I find out you love me. You kiss me in the end. You get all happy while you're sitting on some cushiony surface in your onesie. Why are you reading this book if you could be playing video games? IT'S THE 21ST CENTURY DUDE! Come on you could- Oh yeah sorry. This is a story.

I walked into the kitchen and said "Y/n?" She looked up at me and wiped her tears. "How much did you hear?" she asks softly. I swallowed hard and gained a huge wave of courage to say "enough to tell you I love you too." She blushed deeply and gets up to try and run out but I grabbed her hand.

I forced her back to me and - here it is you losers. I told you it happens every book you read about me- I pressed my lips to her gorgeous pair and she melted into it. I smiled as she giggled into the kiss. I pulled away from her and whispered: "Why are you such a gorgeous creature." with that we went back to the group to clean up.

Later on, we went outside to play tag. We were running around, jumping over things when I saw Troy and El. El smiled at me and said, "Hi Mike." I just looked at her and saw Troy chuckle as he walked over and pushed Dustin slightly. Dustin didn't fall so he pushed him harder than he had seconds before. Dustin fell back and Y/n panicked and went to help him up but I noticed that was Troy's plan all along and pulled her to me as quickly as possible.

My arm securely around my waist and she was trying to get away to help Dustin but I whispered: "He wants to hurt you." She looked at me and teared up and I kissed her cheek as I walked over to get Dustin from the ground. I saw Nancy and Jonathan coming down the street with Steve. Steve walked a bit quicker and ran over helping Dustin up and standing up tall to Troy.

Steve's POV

I pressed my chest insanely close to this my brothers (Have you guys seen it? Before they changed it Troy's last name was Harrington. Like Steve Harrington.) face and said "Don't touch. Don't ever or your face will become one with the fucking concrete beneath your feet. Understood? You little shit?" He swallowed hard and ran off faster than Nancy did for Jonathan.

 I turned to the squad of children and smirked as I saw Y/n and Mike smooching on the lawn as he had his hands on her hips and hers on the sides of his face. Jesus... Young love is fucking stupid.