Jonathan Byers: Care Of Me

For @Toriv9 Sorry it took so long!

 Jonathan's POV

I was walking with my girlfriend Y/n through the forest. We had just gotten back from Star Court Mall and we wanted to get to my house faster. She giggled as she ran with her ice cream from "Scoops Ahoy". I ran after her when I heard a loud screech, one I had clearly heard before as I ran faster and grabbed her hips pulling her back into me and making her face me.

She cupped my cheek and leaned in to kiss me and I whispered "No... Y/n no, did you hear that screeching noise?"

Her whole mood changed into a more worried one, she licked the i/f (Ice cream flavour) flavouring from her cone as she said "Yeah... What about it?"

I grabbed her hand and began running back towards the house as I heard rustling in bushes and looked over to see Steve and Dustin walking. I scoffed and said, "What are you doing here?"

Steve laughed and said "This iconic duo, is figuring where those screeches are coming from. Those screams are from a good old herd of pals from forever ago, remember that?" as Dustin confirmed by screaming "Yeah! Do Ya?" to which I responded by nodding my head and held Y/n close to my body.

I heard another screech and then one of them came charging out of the bushes and Y/n grabbed my arm and teared up. She whispered "Jonathan... What the fuck is that?"

I whispered back "Don't scream again and DO NOT move."

She let a tear slip as it moved closer and then it lunged a bit and she screamed. Like I told her not to.

It lunged at them and bit into her arm but before it could chop the whole arm off like a god damn killer clown or something, Steve smacked it in the back with the nail infested baseball bat as it screeched at him and he smashed its brains in till it was practically a puddle on the ground and Dustin just stared at the mush in aw.

I looked back at Y/n and picked her up bridal style as she was passed out and I carried her back to my house. We got inside and I laid her down on the sofa as I ran to the bathroom and grabbed bandages and rubbing alcohol.

I drowned the cloth I grabbed in the kitchen in rubbing alcohol and placed it on her bite wound and she nearly woke up as she screamed from the burning. I winced as I washed it all out, the blood seeping onto the flooring and I wrapped it in the bandage and she cried.

I carried her to my room from there, leaving the medical stuff on the floor, I laid her in my bed and placed my blanket over her. She looked at me and I whispered: "Don't worry, just sleep."

She went to deny like she always does but she passed out in the middle of her sentence. I rub my hand over her hair and whisper "Just rest lovely." as I walked out.

I got to the medical equipment in the middle of the living room and began cleaning it up. I smiled at my mom as she walked in and she asked: "Where is Y/n, I thought she was coming for dinner?"

I smiled and said, "She is, she is just sleeping in my room, she got hurt on our way home."

She gave me the look of worry I dreaded seeing as she asked: "By what?"

I swallowed hard and said, "She just split it open on a tree or something, I was walking ahead, I'm not sure..."

She sighs and asks "Would you like to make dinner with me?"

I nodded my head yes and went into the kitchen to help my mom.

After an hour of making mashed potatoes and gravy I heard a small whine from my room and ran in to see Y/n tossing herself to face the door and she looked at me seeming a little bit scared.

She let out a croaky "Jonathan?" and I walked over and kneeled down beside her. I cupped her cheek and whispered "Hey... You're alright, okay?"

She whines and whispers "What happened?"

I chuckled and my mom called out "Dinner! If Y/n is staying in there you can bring her the food and you can eat with her in your room!"

I smiled and called back "Yeah, that'll do!" I turned to her again and said: "I will be right back, I'm going to go get your food and my own, okay?"

She nodded and I was off. I walked out and almost ran into Will when he screamed and said: "Don't cut me off!"

I smiled and said "I wasn't cutting you off, don't run in the house." as I walked over to the kitchen counter and looked at my mom. "Which ones are ours?"

She points at two blue plates with mashed potatoes, steak and bread rolls on them with small bowls of soup on the sides. I smiled and said "So... I am a waiter for this?" and chuckled.

She smiled and said "You could treat it that way" and I smiled and grabbed the two plates and went to the room and placed her plate on her lap and mine on my chair. I ran back out to grab the chicken soups. I came back in and placed them both on the nightstand.

She looked over at me as I bit into my steak and I smiled and said: "Eat up." She moved her dominant hand to grab the fork but immediately dropped it and her arm was shaking.

I held her hand and asked "What happened?" and she giggled and said "It stung... A lot."

I sighed and took her plate and asked: "What do you want to eat on the plate first baby?"

She giggles and says "Um... Potatoes... Do you have gravy for them though?"

I smile and nod my head and say "I'll be right back," as I get up and go to get the little gravy boat. I came back and poured it onto the potatoes and walked out to put it in the kitchen again.

My mom stopped me before I could get into the bedroom again and asked: "How is she?"

I smiled and said "She's... She's alright." as I ran back to my room.

I sat next to Y/n and she giggled and I scooped up some potatoes as she laid down and I fed a fork full to her. She chewed it and smiled at me. I smiled back and rubbed her cheek as I whispered "My little baby, like your num-nums?" as she giggled at my treating her like a baby.

She said "Goo goo, gaga" and I laughed.

I kissed her forehead once we both finished eating. I went out and grabbed two big spoons and a tub of cookie dough ice cream and sat beside her in my bed since she has finally gotten to sit up. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder after handing her, her spoon and tossing the lid on the nightstand.

She cuddled close and whispered "Thanks for taking care of me..."

I smirked and whispered "You're welcome..." as I kissed her temple.