Mike Wheeler: Quarters and Kisses

PG-13, Nothing Awful.

Y/n's POV

I was sitting in my room with my best friend Jane Hopper. She was playing with a Rubix cube. I looked down at her and I know her being my best friend I shouldn't ask her these kinds of things, but I needed to know.

"Hey, Jane?" She looked up at me with a small smile on her face.

"Yes, Y/n?"

I nodded my head happily and asked "When you were dating Mike... Did he ever show any... PHYSICAL forms of affection?"

She looked around for a second as if she was thinking about the question I had just asked her. She looked up at me and shrugged "Not sure what you mean by that."

I sighed and looked down at the floor. She grabbed my hand then whispered, "Just explain what you mean and I will tell you."

Max Mayfield walks into my room with a smile on her face. "HELLO, BITCHES!" She calls out. I hear my mother from downstairs tell her to watch her mouth. She responds "Sorry!" before jumping on my bed.

I smiled and looked back at Jane. "Anyways, I mean like... Did he hug you and kiss you and... stuff like that?"

She looked at me and shook her head "He's only kissed me like... Twice... Hugged me once."

Max looked at me and asked, "Has he still not done anything like that with you?"

I shrugged and said "Guess he hasn't... Can you blame him? Look at me!" I stuck my tongue out and she giggled. We heard the doorbell ring and all got up to go downstairs.

We looked at the door hoping for pizza but there stood four boys, that HADN'T been invited.

My mom let them in and we ran back upstairs. We heard Dustin call out after us, "Seriously guys?! Mike told us we needed to stop by here!"

Max and Jane went out and I slowly exited the room after rolling my eyes. I exited to come face to face with Mike. "H-Hey, Mike!" I said.

He smiled that perfect smile and of course... Made me feel useless as always as he asked "Do you have a few quarters I could borrow? We're headed to the arcade and I remembered you had that jar of quarters... Do you have some I can use?"

I sighed sadly and said "Um... Yeah." He followed me into my room and I walked over to my jar. I popped open the top of the jar to access the small silver coins. I took out about ten before turning to face him. He was taking my small china doll off the shelf before I said "Mike?"

He dropped the doll and its face broke in two. Just like my heart. I kneeled down next to it quickly placing the quarters on my dresser. He grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back up saying "I can fix it, trust me Y/n." He ran out of the room.

Mike's POV

I ran downstairs and went to her mom and asked: "Do you have glue I can use to put a China doll back together?"

She looked up at me and smiled. "Actually... I believe I do Michael, give me just one second." She opens a drawer. She handed me a small tube of epoxy glue and said: "There you go, sweetie."

I smiled and thanked her before running to the stairs. I stepped on one step before being aggressively torn back down to the floor. "What?!" I called out in confusion.

I look to my left to see Max right there saying "You better make a move, she's really sad you won't and now you broke her shit? Kiss. Her."

I swallowed hard nodding my head saying "I will, I will." I ran up the stairs when she finally let me go. I opened the door to see Y/n on her bed crying. I placed the glue on her dresser next to the quarters and sat next to her on the bed. "Y/n?"