Lucas Sinclair: Racist

Lucas' POV

I walked sadly towards Mike and Dustin as they leaned against Will's locker. They stopped their conversation and Mike asked "Are you okay? What happened?"

I sighed and shrugged before saying "That girl I like is apparently SUPER racist." as I looked at the pretty h/c girl walk past us with her natural broken look.

Jane or Eleven walked over to us and looked at me to ask "What's wrong Lucas?"

I nodded towards Y/n and a tear slipped down my cheek as I said: "The girl I like doesn't like me because of my skin colour."

Jane looked mad and looked at Y/n at her locker. She glared, if you didn't know, that's NOT a good sign. Mike grabbed her hand before Y/n held the sides of her head and collapsed to the ground. I went to go help her but Troy was already there.

Troy was tugging at her arm and all four of us, Mike, Dustin, El along with myself were shocked at her next move. He tugged at her arm aggressively and then she stood up with tears in her eyes. She yelled at Troy causing him to say the rudest thing in return.

"I don't need help, Troy!" She says backing up. The rude response from Troy.

"You little slut! I just wanted to make sure no FUCKING WEIRDO touched you wrong and you broke down! God, you're such a whore!" He scoffed and walked away.

She pushed him and he fell. She wiped her tears and ran past us and Dustin quickly grabbed her hand. "Talk to us," he said.

She wiped her tears and Troy was walking over as she quickly huddled into Dustin's back. I manned up and stepped in front of Troy as Mr. Clarke walked out of his class. I swallowed hard and grabbed Mr. Clarke's attention so he could tell Troy to leave the hall. He did as told.

I turned back to the group, my group of losers, and the most beautiful girl standing with them. Eleven hugged Y/n and she hugged back. Jane grabbed her hand to walk her to a fountain for her to get herself a drink.

I looked at Mike and he says "We're gonna go, you need to tell her."

Jane and Y/n walked back over and Mike took her hand as Dustin gave Y/n a toothless smile causing her to smirk in return. She went to walk back to her locker after thanking us but I grabbed her hand.

"Hey," I said, my first words to her EVER to be honest. She looked at me with an unreadable look. I asked, "Can I talk to you outside?"

We went outside and sat on the stairwell and I turned to her and said: "You kind of ignore my existence, why is that?"

She looked at me and quickly said: "No, not ignore I just-..."

"Are you racist?" She looked at me with pure shock in her e/c eyes. "It just! It was a rumour I heard and I thought that might be why you don't like... Notice me and-"

"Lucas!" She cut me off. I looked into her eyes as I fiddled with my fingers in my lap. She giggles a bit and says "The reason I don't talk to you is that I notice you too much. I was too scared to actually... Talk to you."

I felt a small smile creep to my face before I asked: "What do you mean you notice me TOO much?" She blushed and hugged me. I smiled and whispered, "Do you like me? In like... A crush way?"

She hid her face in my neck and whispered "A little bit, but I'm not racist Lucas, trust me, please?"

I smiled and nodded my head saying "I trust you."

She bit her lip a bit and smiled before getting up off the stairs and into the school.

After school, I stood outside waiting to see her skip out of the school. She ran out and I grabbed her hand as she tried to run past me. She stumbled into me and I smiled at her and asked "Do you want to... Maybe... Like when I get enough money I can take you-"

"Yes," she cupped my face. "Yes, yes Lucas, just... I really need to go, I'll see you tomorrow when I have more time and I can give you my number. Okay?" She had a small smile.

I smiled back and nodded my head "Yes" before she cutely ran off to her brother's car.