Fated 13...

...we live in cities, you'll never see on screen. Not very pretty but we sure know how to run things. We live in ruins of a palace within our dreams and you know. We're on each other's team...

- Team

Gray's POV...

"How...how do you - ?". I cut him off.

"How do you not expect me to know that that was what you were doing?". He raised an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes.

"Look at it. How wouldn't I know when I suddenly hear howling very near my house and not deep in the forest like I used to and then see the only werewolf I recognise, fighting others? I thought that 'why would you be fighting your kind?' 'why would you yell, and I mean yell very loudly in my head, to lock all doors and windows quick?'. Now, you see where I got my assumption?".

"Oh. Yes. Yes, I do".

I looked back to the water and asked again.
"So, why were you protecting me?".

He took about a few minutes to tell me something. I thought that he just needed to think of how he would tell me all of his secrets.

"You are my mate".

I groaned out loud and lowered my head to my hands that rested on my legs.

"Will you stop calling me that and tell me why?

"That is why".

I took a deep breath and calmed myself. We had come here to talk about some things. Especially why he calls me the 'm' word.

"Tell me why you call me that".

"Okay. Let me start". He sighed and started telling me strange words. Like, I liked what I was hearing.

"You see, we, werewolves are actually...more like, controlled by the moon goddess. She is like the one who spins the wheels of each and every one of our lives. You humans wait until the right age for finding your soul mates. The ones whom you grow to love. Us, well, she kinda chooses for us. At fifteen, you turn into your werewolf form and you are able to find your eternal soul mate. The one who has been chosen by the moon goddess, herself. These two would feel a great pull towards each other and love each other immediately at first sight. That's what happens to the werewolves. But, the reason why I call you mate is because...because I have felt the pull and fallen - ". I just had to cut him off there.

"So, what I've been feeling is completely normal?".

"Yes, according to us werewolves. But not really to you, humans".

"Alright. Let's talk about how to get rid of it". I said rubbing my hands.

"What?! No!". He looked mortified. His face has completely changed, different from the fierce, commanding, mean and spoilt boy he is that I see at school. Now, all I'm seeing is one playful, kind and caring man. Man, not boy. I slumped my shoulders at the answer he gave.

That feeling. It's here again.

"Tell me about your pack". I asked after turning away from him.

"Oh. Okay. Um...I'm the alpha of my pack, aka leader of the biggest pack in the world and I have two betas, second - in - commands and I have a pretend mate, you already know her".

Is that Renee?
Somehow, I had a good feeling that Saul called her his pretend mate.

"Renee?".

"Yes. If I didn't have her as a pretend mate, I wouldn't be the leader of my pack. I need someone to help lead my pack. And I've found the right person". He looked at me with strong relief in his eyes.