Fated 17...

Enjoy! Read author's note at the end. ;-)

...fixing up a car to drive in it again. Searching for the water, hoping for the rain.
Up and up. Up and up...
Yes, I wanna grow. Yes, I wanna feel. Yes, I wanna know. Show me how to heal it up. Heal it up.
We're gonna get it, get it together, right now. Gonna get it, get it together, somehow. Gonna get it, get it together and flower...
Up and up and up...

- Up and up

Gray's POV...

"Good morning, mom, grandma, Phaedra!".

I ran to the kitchen wearing black shorts and a black sweater. I reached for an apple on the dinning table and walked towards the door. As I reached for the door to open it, a voice stopped me.

"And where do you think you're going?". My sister called from the hallway.

Why? Why? Why? Why does my sister have to ruin everything?

What the hell is wrong with her?!

I frowned, then smiled as I heard that deep rumble in my head. It's been a while since I've heard his voice in my head. I missed it. I continued to think about it and forgot my sister was there.

Focus. You wouldn't want her to be suspicious of anything.

I snapped out of my thoughts as he said that. And grew embarrassed when I realized he knew I was thinking about him. I faced my sister.

"I'm just going for a walk in the forest. Nothing much". I said as innocently as I could.

"Okaaay. So, what's with all the smiles?".

"Um...today is just a good day".

The best day of my entire life.

"Oh, shut up". I said to Saul.

"What?". She asked.

I'm outta here.

"So, you're just gonna ditch me?! Help me!".

Alright, just tell her you're going to come back soon. That it won't take long. That I'm going to spend some quality time with her sister.

"Okay".

"I'm not gonna ditch -". My sister looked confused. "Help -. What are you talking about?!. Who should help you?!". She was yelling now.

I had no idea that I had said all what I wanted to say with Saul, out loud.

"Don't worry, Phaed. I'll be fine. I'm gonna come back soon. It won't take long. He's going to spend some quality time with your sister". I said and heard him laugh really loud. It's been so long since I've heard him laugh that loud.

Wait, but why is he laughing?

I looked at my sister and saw her confused face.

I thought about what I had said and gasped really loudly when I found out. And that made Saul laugh even more. I wanted to join him in laughing but embarrassment didn't allow me to.

Help me! I yelled in my mind as he laughed.

Just get out of there!

"Look, Phaedra. I gotta go. I was just thinking a lot. Thanks for caring. I'm gonna come back soon. Bye!". I blew a kiss and went out leaving her stuttering.

As I walked towards and into the forest, I thought about him. He sounded like he was really waiting for my arrival.

Yesterday, when the class was over, he didn't let go of my hand. It was like he never wanted to let go. But, Nori had to butt in.