Fated 20...

Hi!
This chappie is dedicated to sparklecookies99.

Enjoy!

...But you'll never be alone. I'll be waiting from dusk till dawn. I'll be waiting from dusk till dawn.
Baby, I'm right here...

- Dusk till dawn

Saul's POV...

I smiled as she said that.

She's never even changed. Even in death.

"Hello, mother".

She looked at me from her floating abode above the small pile of wood that was alight but now was just normal. Lying there. Not burning.

She looked like she was checking if I was really the one. Then, she turned to Judith and talked to her. Like I wasn't there. I shook my head on my seat.

I missed my mother.

"I know. He looks a lot like my son. But...".

She looked back at me with sad eyes but with smiling lips.

"...he's a happy man". Her echoey voice chilled me.

I smiled really brightly at my mother.

She faced Judith again and said, "My son isn't that happy".

"Gee. I'm flattered, mom". I said shaking my head at her but still smiling.

She turned to me, sharply and with widened eyes.
"But...but my own son is never this happy!". She defended.

"Geez, mom! I'm Saul! The alpha of your pack! You gave birth to me and named me Saul! And...". I trailed off and looked down at my feet.

My mom had her hands on her chest, still with widened eyes and an expectant ear.

"And?". She prodded.

Judith was waiting too. She always listens to our bickering whenever I come to see my mother.

I looked up into my mother's soulless eyes and said, "I found my mate". Then smiled, one that my mother hasn't seen since all the years she's been with me after my father died.

"What?". She said, really lower than a whisper that I wouldn't have heard if I hadn't strained my ears.

"I found her. She's downstairs. Can you feel her?".

She didn't respond. But continued looking at me. I left her to take in the information. I just kept smiling. The one downstairs made me smile.

After a long time of staring at me, she turned to Judith, who was also smiling at the news, and said, "Did you hear? Did - did you hear, Judith? He said he's found his mate. My baby's found his mate". She said those in a tearful voice but seeing that she is a ghost, she couldn't really bring tears. The tears that fell turned to blue smoke before it touched the ground.

She turned back to me, her white, smokey but not transparent garment flowing around her.

She looked like she was crying.

She said in a low voice. "What's her name?".

"Granada".

"So beautiful. Isn't she?". She replied.

"Very, mother. She's perfect for me. I...I love her. But she doesn't...yet".

She paused before answering me. "Baby, I feel something. A strange being is in this building. That has never before been in these old walls. Never". Her eyes closed and her eyebrows squinted and her blue smoky arms were in the air. So, she looked like she was trying to remember something.
She always was dramatic.