Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

I look away from his direction, contemplating leaving. I don't want to be rude, so I wait, a little more tense to be casual, for him until he is standing only inches away from me.

"Are you okay?" He asks me again looking into my dark brown eyes, "Why are you upset?"

I quickly spun up a lie, "Home sick, ya know?" I say acting as cool as possible for someone like me. Seeming as he would totally understand with touring with Magcon.

"Oh, well if there's anything I can do, for you, just find me," he seems so nice to me for a boy who only revolves himself around his friends. Yes he's nice to everyone else, but he never goes out of his way to comfort someone.

I nod muttering out a small, "thanks," and walk back into the gym to find Addison. Not to my surprise she was talking to a teacher about a grade. A real suck up she was always did extra work to get her grades up. But she wasn't a bad kid, never did drugs or anything illegal or sexual. She just really sucks at a few subjects in school.

Her fingers twist in her fake, long, blonde hair and she bats her green eyes multiple times in ten seconds. I decide not to walk over to her.

I walk over to one of my groups of friends. Consisting of Emily Glazer, one of Jacks best friends, who I never really talked to. I walk up behind the group which is huddled in a circle.

"Hey," I choke out. My throat was now in a state of exhaustion and hoarseness.

"Hey, where have you been? Are you alright?" Bianca asks me wiping a smudge of makeup off of my face.

"Yeah, yeah. Totally fine," I say brushing it off. No one really knows about James, I hadn't told anyone. It wasn't really important information for anyone else. Who needs to know anyway?

"Hey Br- Cat are you okay?" Emily asks. Emily and I are on a nick name base, but of course everyone calls me Cat, and we really do not talk much. At this point I am a little tired of this question.

"Yeah Em, I'm fine. Allergies and shit," I say hoping that I'd get a small chuckle out of the girls.

Emily put sher arm around me, "Listen I know we haven't really talked much, and that should change, but if you need to talk. I gotchyou." She gives me a big Chester cheese smile.

Emily seems nice to me, as I've heard she's got this feisty side and I felt she was just giving me pity. I really want to get to know her better though, I feel like we could be GREAT friends.

BUT she's best friends with Jack and I don't know how involved I want to be with him.

I feel him watching me and I can't shake it.

I spin myself around as I was about to start walking to leave the gym and back to my class.

My face plants itself in the middle of someone's chest. A guys chest. He smelt like ax and was obviously taller. I look to see Xander's face.

"Hey boo," I let out laughing awkwardly with relief that it wasn't Jack once again. Though when I peer around Xander, I saw Jack talking to the same friend but not in the same spot.

Once again his eyes are planted on me.