Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8 

"Okay," he starts and claps his hands together, "I will have seating charts later this week or early next week after I watch you all interact. For now write your name and school ID on this sheet when it comes around to you."

He continues on with an introductory and outline of the course. I check my phone under the table as notifications start popping up. Of course Jack G keeps favoriting my tweets which draw the fans attention to them.

Jack G then direct messages me; Hey, can you find Sam Wilk after school and have him call me from your cell pretty please?

Me; Well hello to you too.

Jack G; I'm sorry but please, he's grounded and got his phone taken away and I neeeeed to reach him.

Me; Alright alright. gtg b4 I get in trouble.

Jack G; Thanks. I owe you one.

I turn my phone off to see Sam making faces at me. Sam seems to get that I have this awkward vibe towards him right now which isn't technically directed at him, shrugs it off, and goes back to listening to the coach. (That's what he has us call him.)

The final bell of the school day rings and I grab on to Sam's hood.

"Way hey hey. Whatchya doin?" Sam walks next to me as we leave class thanking the teacher and walking down the hallway.

"Jack wants you to call him," I say in response.

"Jack G?" He questions.

"Yeah, Gilinsky," I hand him my phone.

"Can I be honest?" He asks as he goes on my phone and goes to the phone app, I nod and he continues, "I love him more than even a brother, he's been there for me since forever and he's had his heart broken when picking the wrong girl. He's a strong girl and can handel it but... If he picks the right girl at some point, I want to make sure she won't hurt him and is going to respect him. I don't want to see a friendship go to waste over an attempt at a relationship either," Does he mean me? I feel a rush of energy serge through my stomach. Sammy's so cute. The way he talks about Jack warms my heart.

"That's really cute you care so much." I lean over and gently give him a quick peck on the cheek. He smiles and holds the phone up to his ear for only a second before he starts talking.

"Hey bro... Yeah i did... Mmhhmm I know I know I know... Tomorrow?... Yeah yeah yeah... K bro... Yeah seeya." Then hung up.

And before I could ask he said, "oh that was nothing."

"Literally," I push him jokingly into the wall, he grabs my waist and shakes it around as if we were juicing up for a fight.

"Wanna go? You wanna go?" He cups my face and some disgusted looking freshman pass by. He squishes my cheeks and throws my face back and forth in a playful way.

"So? Sammy," I tug at his arm like a clingy girlfriend would, "What's up with Jack & why is he so... different around me?"

He sighs with a smile, "I don't know what you're talking about."

I sigh and roll my eyes, "Seeya tomorrow Sam," I readjust my backpack and turn away from him while I start to walk.

"No Cat," he says shoving more books in his bag, "Wait, Catherine wait up?" He slams his locker and I hear his sneakers trudging against the floor.

"I'm telling you all I know. He's weird and his personality is weird too. Don't be mad."

I'm not gonna lie; Sam's a flirt but he actually ALWAYS knows when something's up and is really considerate when it comes to girls.

"I'm not mad," I half lie, "I'll see ya later."

"Are you sure you're not mad, you wanna go somewhere and talk?"

"Really, it's fine. So when are the Jacks coming home?" I say changing the subject. Or was I keeping it on topic?... Either way.

"I don't know," the way he says that gets me suspicious, "they were supposed to be here today..." He said trailing off, "you could text him and ask."

I laugh. I really do not care that much to ask Jack. And that's what I tell Sam.

After finally saying goodbye I walk to the door and leave the school.

I go home, my house is empty and there isn't a sign of my mom anywhere. She probably just went to the store to get groceries or something.

I go in to the piano room and play a piece I have been working on recently. It is supposed to be a love song but it doesn't scream love the way I want it to. After playing what I have already previously written and got stuck as usual I grab an apple from the fridge and head to the kitchen table.

I pull out from my backpack some of my notebooks to start homework.

This tweet pops up on my TL that I can't help but notice, it's a fan account 

"@jackgilinsky" and then tags me, "don't fall for her. she only ends up hurting boys. like james."