Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

I let my smile appear widely on my face as I enter to SE and see Sam, Jack, and Jack all crowding around Jack's and my table. They all laugh about something. Not a laugh out loud, obnoxious, whole classroom takes notice laugh but a quietly, like a girl huddle, while they giggle almost like some girly gossipy secret.

I walk over and set down my bookbag, letting my backpack strap untangle from my hair, "What's so funny?" I give them a 'you're all pathetic' smile.

Jack Johnson and Sam look over at me but Jack G's eyes remain staring at the floor laughing. "It's nothing," Jack Johnson explains and their little group splits up and goes to their separate tables.

As the bell rings everyone heads to their seat, "So are you gonna tell me or...?"

Jack leans over to me and responds even quieter than when I asked him, he starts to laugh at himself again, "It was just a stupid boy joke, I promise you wouldn't think it's funny," thank god he didn't say 'you wouldn't get it' because I hate when boys say that. I would have slapped him so hard.

"Gosh, I see how it is," He pats my back playfully and listens as Mr. Smentz begins to instruct the class.

"So were gonna start a project," he claps his hands and does some sort of motion, "you get to pick any professional football team, no repeats, and you have to make an advertisement that could be in a magazine, one for television, and some sort of merch enough for each person in the class..." He takes a pause and looks around. He quickly blurts, "you get to pick your partners now go!"

Jack and Jack immediately jump over chairs and tables to stand next to each other as they quickly run over to Mr. Smentz and claim the Nevada Huskers. Of course that's the team Sam wanted. I couldn't care less because either way Sam and my creativity level is so high when were together.

"Fuck!" Sam mutters, "Well let's hurry and pick a team! What do you want to do?"

"Let's do the Detroit Lions!" I say looking at him excitedly. I know what he's about to say. He was going to say they haven't had a good season in years or something along those lines. He is about to say that we aren't going to do our project on them.

"Really? Cat, you, uhhh. You know they suck right?"

“We can get some help with this project from…someone.” I say looking through my contacts on my phone and press a familiar name. I click into it and text it, “Hey I’ve got a school project and was hoping you could help.”

Sam is reading the texts over my shoulder, "Wait who was that?" Sammy asks.

"A friend," I say tucking my phone away again.

"And what does this friend have to do with the Lions...?"

"He's a co-owner of the team. He can get us some 411 that most people don’t know and shit."

"Holy shit!" He bro shakes my hand, "How the fuck do you know him?!"

"It’s no big deal.” I laugh at him fangirling as I do when girls scream and shout at the Jacks, “My dad knew the dude, I grew up with him visiting all the time, he's like a second dad. So never try to play baseball or football against me." I jokingly punch my fist into my hand insinuating how muscular I am.

"Damn this is gonna be great!" Sam says walking over to Jack and Jack to gloat.