Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

Do I lie? Do I stick with job transfer or death in the family? I can't tell the truth. I already felt like I had known JJ forever and Gilinsky seems like someone I could trust. Well, sort of, but not really, he's kind of mysterious.

"Money was rough in Chicago being in the city and all," I played it off so casual. I was good at lying apparently. Yay.

The anxiety tying knots in my stomach dies down and I listen to the Jacks apologizing as I claim it's no big deal.

Groups of people start getting up to leave and I realize I haven't even touched my lunch. Fuck. Now I'll be hungry for gym and it's supposed to be a cardio day.

"Hey you haven't eaten your lunch yet," JJ points out, making it so that he has not left a single uncomfortable thing left unsaid from his lips this whole week.

"Oh, no big deal, I'll snack between classes," I say getting a saddened glare from Jack G. I give him a pathetic smile and start walking towards the door.

Jack Johnson leaves out the other exit because his class is the opposite way.

"So was that your plan?" I ask Jack who is walking behind me. I don't turn around because I don't want to find myself consumed in his beautiful brown orbs, "Have Sam call you to get my number?"

Jack moves in the same motions and sway that I am, "No actually, I just knew you two were friends and you're always somehow with him. Plus I could see you were online from twitter."

"You can't tell when someone is onli..."

"Yeah you can," he cuts me off, "trust me." I'm pretty positive you cannot tell when someone is on or offline. He either stalked me in some other fashion through another social media OR luck and he wanted my number.

"And what was the point of me sitting at your table at lunch?" I say stopping at the door way.

"Listen, I don't know what you think I'm trying to pull, but honestly... You and Em are friends, you and Sam are inseparable, and we're always at the same hottest parties. We run in the same circles like it or not. I’d rather know this girl who is influencing or being impacted on by my friends or even myself before someone pulls something stupid."

"Fair enough," I respond now watching him, but he's not watching me. He isn't mad, his tone wasn't loud or rough. It was a normal talking tone.

"I just really feel that we should get to know each other. If you have a problem with that I'll lay off. Last thing I want is to make you uncomfortable."

Uncomfortable wasn't the right choice of wording. But I do sort of feel uncomfortable.

"Sorry." Was that the only thing I could think to say? That was just making myself look weak.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I'm the one that's sorry... You're mind is going in the other direction," now my puppy dog saddened eyes have locked with his. I watched them sparkle as he said, "I think we could make good friends."

I smile, "I guess we'll see won't we?" He smiles and gives a large nod.