Chapter 27

CHAPTER 27

His eyes are rimmed with water, they’re glazed and he’s biting his lip trying to hold back a sob, “Catherine,” he takes a moment to collect himself, “Please, never hurt yourself. Ever. I can’t live without you.”

I don’t say anything at first. I watch a tear fall from his eyes and he can no longer look me straight in the face, “I’m sorry Jack…Please don’t cry.”

He sits up as if he’s going to get off the bed.

“I’ve made you and Sam cry, I don’t think I can do this anymore. I’m hurting everyone so bad, I just want to…” I don’t finish what I was going to say. I don’t know what I was going to say. I wasn’t going to say kill myself or harm myself in anyway. Part of me wanted to say run away because that’s what everyone else always thinks I am doing, but I’m not childish. I don’t ‘run away.’

“What can I do to show you?” There’s a tone of anger in his voice and I can see his jaw getting tense from behind him. Frankly I'm scared...or worried and I don't like this side of him. He can be a little over protective, I can tell you that even though I've only known him for so long, “I want to show you how beautiful you are to me.” His mood flickers immediately, “I wish I could give you the world, because that’s what you mean to me. That is your worth to me. Let me show you…Please.”

“Jack, I feel crazy because I’ve known you for such a short time, but maybe I AM crazy. I know I am. You mean everything to me. I just…Jack turn around, let me see your smile please.”

He crawls back over to me. He doesn’t look at me. Not in the eyes. He doesn’t smile. I cup his face with my hands until his eyes meet mine. This time I initiate the kiss. His hands frame the side of me and he’s hovering over me now. His strong muscular arms are propping him up. His lips move against mine. He’s biting my bottom lip, tugging, as his body shakes from the pressure. I pull him down towards me closer and his torso rests on mine. His hands are on my sides and my arms wrapped around his neck.

This seemed to be a sympathy thing with us, it was a way to get the anger out and the other person was the way to cure it.

My lips move to his neck and Jack’s hands begin to work his shirt off. Jack knows I don’t move this fast and he knows I don’t want to go anywhere yet. My motto is a guy’s shirt is optional anyway. Jack unbuttons his shirt all the way and throws it off to the side. My hands grab his waist and I continue to give a slight suck on his neck. I move to his collarbones but his lips race down towards mine and instantly start pulling on my lips once more. He’s panting for air through faster and faster kissing. I am running out of breath too until his tongue slides past my teeth and licks the side of my cheek. I return the favor by pushing my tongue past his beautiful white teeth. Now it is his turn to move down to my neck. I move my hands to his hair and slightly tug. Jack moans. I laugh a little bit since this is the first time I’ve heard him make this noise.

“Oh you think that’s funny?” he questions while his lips keep pressing themselves to new spots across my neck and giving a sexual laugh. His voice is rough and it just makes me want to kiss him harder.

I start to scratch at the back of his neck and then his back as he moves back up to my lips. He’s running out of steam and I pull back. He can sense that I’m ‘tired’ and he knows he is as well.

It is three a.m anyway. It doesn’t even seem like the same day. It happened only 15 hours ago but Jack makes minutes feel like years.

He’s lying next to me running his fingers through my hair. Both of us are still catching our breath. He watches my eyes as they travel across his face examining every feature he has.

“Sing me a song?” I ask him as I start to shut my eyes.

His voice starts to shake as he hums a song. No words, just a quiet little tune sung with his mouth closed.

“Catherine?” He questions right before I drift off.

I answer with a slight mhmm but I can no longer hear the question. I’m too tired. I hear him laugh and kiss my cheek. He rolls around until he finds a comfortable spot that is curled up to me.