Did I make a mistake?

His face dropped, and for the first time ever I sad sadness in his eyes. It's true that I used to have a crush on him, shit I still do. But I don't think no one would accept their mate if that happened to them. He could of just talked to me. He didn't have to start this. I probably would of said no anyway, I wouldn't have known we were mates, and I wouldn't have liked to get my heart broken when he found her.

" I get it." He said, it sounded like he was on the verge of tears.

Never in my life have I ever seen this!! He must really care. I saw it in his eyes and heard it in his voice. But I didn't want to get hurt. People deserve a second chance, but when it comes to him......he doesn't deserve one. Maybe I can find it in my heart to one day forgive him and actually bro friends with him. But I will NEVER fall for him.Right?

::::::::::::::::::::::NEXT MORNING

I got out of my white Range Rover ( my parents will 😏) and walked into school. Surprisingly, there was no hate mail in my locker and some people even smiled at me and said good morning. Did the world end and I'm stuck in a dream? I shrugged it off and got ready for an assembly this morning for seniors. I waited at my locker for a couple of minutes listening to music when HE showed up. Jessica came out of nowhere and in no time was at his side. But he ignored her and just kept looking at me the whole time, his eyes never leaving mine.

"All seniors into the auditorium" The secretary shouted from the intercom. A few groans from some of the seniors were heard but that was just it pure silence. I hate it.

Once everyone filed inside and had a seat the principal started talking about college applications and all that shit. I didn't even have to listen because I wasn't going to college. Werewolves don't go to college, they don't have time for it, they have to deal with family, rogues, and wars. It's just too much for us so after high school....I'm done!!!

I was in the very last row.The closest person I was to was sitting 10 rows in front of me, literally anyone could get it on back here and no one would notice. I felt someone plop into the seat next to mine and I looked up to meet a pair of piercing blue eyes, Cayden's eyes.
I rolled my eyes and pretended to listen to the principal, even though a million thoughts were running through my head. But only one stood out the most:

Did I make a mistake?