At Last!

I woke up in the middle of the night to Jay and Dillon screaming my name. I was kind of mad because it took me 2 hours to fall asleep, but now they woke me up. " What?" I groaned. "It's Cayden" Jay panted. It looks like she was running. " Dr. Nelson said he died, but then revived. Something is wrong." I didn't wait for Dillon to finish his sentence as I shot out of bed and ran down the stairs, not caring who I woke up.

" Riley!! You can't go in there, they won't even let us in" Jay snaps. I ignore her and run faster down to the basement. I barged into the room. Cayden was in a bed. His face was pale and his eyes were closed. A towel covered the spot where he was shit, on the towel was a splotch of blood. Dr. Nelson and a nurse were talking in hushed voices to each other. When they looked at at me, Dr. Nelson shook his head and told 2 nurses to get me out.

They literally dragged me out. My wolf was howling in pain for our mate. Dr. Nelson followed the nurses outside and ordered to check on Cayden. " Don't you worry, he's OK now. If we are lucky he might wake up tomorrow afternoon." He informed me.

I stayed awake in the chair outside the room all night, I didn't want to miss out on anything if something happened to Cayden. I was hesitant to go shower the next morning but did it anyway. Well if you consider a 3 minute shower a shower.

I pulled on some white skinny jeans and a black V-neck. I then slipped on my black TOMS and let my hair air dry. Half of the morning, I went back to the rogue territory and helped with some of the commands Dillon was giving. Then I drove back home when Jay called me a said they saw Cayden moving.

When I walked into the room where Cayden was being kept, the only thing I saw was that jackass grinning at me. I rolled my eyes and ran to him, engulfing him in a huge hug. "I missed you so much" I whisper into the crook of his neck.

"I missed you too" he said. I pulled away and smiled at him. Then I turned serious again. "I swear Cayden James Williams, when you get out of that bed and don't have a bullet lodged in your rib cage anymore, you're gonna explain everything to me" I said sternly.

"I like it when you say my name" He smirked, his eyes turning black from lust. Did he seriously just say that. Did he forget that all that lovey-dovey stuff is behind us now? I ignored his comment and asked him a question."What came over you? What were you thinking taking a bullet for me?" I ask.

"Why wouldn't I ?" He asked. "I love you"

Dr. Nelson came. "You should let him rest. Come back tomorrow morning." I nodded and kissed Cayden's cheek, not wanting him to get the wrong idea. I asked Dr. Nelson about the whole Cayden dying thing. "I'll tell you tomorrow when we have more time" He informed me. I nodded and went upstairs.

This time I actually fell asleep. Smiling like an idiot to myself, Cayden was finally alright.