Almost There

" Hey Riley, can I speak with you?" Dillon asked me the one morning. It was about 6 in the morning and I was sitting on the porch swing in the back of the house overlooking the woods. I was probably the only one awake. I woke up to pains in my stomach and couldn't go back to sleep, so I decided to read this book. In my hand was The Outsiders by S.E Hinton.

I nodded and motioned for him to take a seat next to me. I slid my foot off the swing and moved over. He plopped next to me and looked into the woods. "What are you doing up this early?" I asked him. "Well it's not like the Beta can wake up at 11 everyday." He shrugs.

" How about Cayden? He is still asleep and he is the Alpha." I state. " Well Alpha Cayden is a lazy ass......." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. I laughed at that and nodded my head in agreement. " Well, that is not what I wanted to talk about. Look Riley, when mom and dad died......I guess I needed to blame someone for it to ease my pain."

" I mean, mom did end her life to save yours and at the time I just needed someone to take it out on. I don't know any other reason why someone would abuse you, but that was my reason.....I am truly so sorry for that. I was young and an idiot, and I made a mistake I won't be able to fix but I still hope you can forgive me."

I wiped a tear away from eyes at the thought of my parents." Of course I can forgive you. You made a mistake, everyone makes mistakes and you want to fix it. I couldn't think of any reason why I wouldn't want to forgive you." My voice cracked.

He leaned in and gave me a big bear hug. " I am the worst big brother on earth, aren't I?"

"No, not exactly. You're just-what do you call it?- an asshole?"

He laughed and gave me another bear hug. " I love you, baby sis."

" Love you too, big bro."

ͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺͺ

Ok so far, I am LOVING Dally in The Outsiders. I finished the book this morning. Though it was sad what happened to Dally and Johnny. I was going to buy the movie on my iPad and watch it soon.

" Can you not?" I heard a squeaky voice scream. I was just hanging out in the pack diner with Jay. I turned my head to see a girl. She had blond hair that went halfway down her back. It was perfectly straight and had a bobby pin keeping it away from her face.

Her skin was not that tan and her face was caked with makeup. She was wearing a mini skirt that literally showed her butt and a crop top that went just under her boobs. On her feet were 9 inch heels. Everytime she took a step, her foot would twist. She tried too hard.

She obviously needs multiple barrels of water because she was thirsty.

Everyone was staring at her with curiosity. " She is a new pack member. Rumors is that she is a total slut.." Jay whispers in my ear as she walks by and takes a seat in the booth with 4 unmated guys. They didn't look the least bit interested in her.

I shrugged it off and went back to drinking my iced tea. I was too full. My appetite has increased a lot since I got pregnant. " You never told me we had a new pack member" I mind linked Cayden. " She's here!?! She was supposed to come tomorrow!"

" Well she is in the diner causing a total show.."

" Ok I'll be over in a sec..."

"So is Alpha Cayden hot??!" the girl screams out loud. Some girls dreamily say yes and other just stay silent giving me a couple glances. I growl at her. " Mine!"

Jay looks shocked, then smiles. I have never been the possessive type. Sure I got jealous but nothing out of this world. She sneers at me. " You wish he was your mate. It is obvious he is my mate!!" Jay was about to pounce at her but I held my hand up, telling her to stop.

At that moment Cayden walked into the diner looking confused as to why everyone was silent and looking between the slut and me. " What is happening here?!?"He growls in his Alpha tone. Everyone snaps out of their trance and bows down to him, keeping silent.

" Baby!! This......bimbo....claims that she is your mate!!" the girl flips her hair and walks over to Cayden. Tripping twice. Jay bursts out laughing then bites her lip when Cayden gives her the ' it's not the time' look.

" Georgina she is my mate."

" Nah, don't you see? She is obviously a slut, she's pregnant with one of her one night stands. I am not a slut!!"

" Sure keep telling yourself that, if it helps you sleep at night.." Jay mutters to herself though everyone heard. " No, she is my mate. And she is having our child. She is not a slut." Cayden says a little angry.

"Uh, you cheated on me?!?" Georgina said running her hand up and down Cayden's chest. He grabbed her frozen wrist and threw it to her side. " We are done speaking about this."

" I hate you. You took my mate!!" She scoffs as she runs out crying fake tears. Jay laughs. " Oh I'm not laughing at her, I'm laughing at her pathetic ass." She says as Cayden gives her another look. He tried to get rid of it but a small smile took over his lips.

A sharp pain in my stomach interrupted my thoughts. I let out a loud scream and fell to the ground as another sharp pain hit my stomach. I heard screaming and someone picking me up. I looked up and saw Cayden running.

Well then.