Moonlight Lake

There was a lake named Moonlight lake. It was a deep blue and had what appeared to be tiny glowing stars floating around through the icy water.

    And there was a house on Moonlight lake. A small log cabin with a cozy fireplace in the living room that I like to sit by. The covers on my bed are cozy and warm, and offer me protection from those out there who seek to harm me.

   Out of the cabin was tall fields. Tall as a mountain, but somehow was able to be climbed in a matter of twenty seconds.  It had tall grass that would tickle my bare feet. It wasn't bright green, no, it was a lighter shade, almost dry looking that went up and down the field.

   At the top of the field you could look down and see a ravine that had a beautiful water fall running down it,  allowing you to hear it's every sound as the waves crashed against the boulders that could be seen from a above.

   It was always windy on the fields. Always a cloudy day. Never was it night, no, there was always a sun masked by clouds up above. But across the ravine it was always sunny. And at Moonlight lake it was always a cloudless, serene, night.

   Across the ravine was tall mountains covered in tropical trees and bright colored birds fluttering their wings in the sunny sky. If you leaned over the ravine you could almost smell the fruit from the jungle, the tropical feel you got when looking at it. The jungle mountains, too, have a waterfall running down it's mountains. 

   But I've never been on the other side of the ravine. It's always been me, the fields, and Moonlight lake. Oh how I love Moonlight Lake. But I'm only there when I feel sorrow, a pain, because in the icy water of Moonlight Lake you can be healed. You can be a happier person relieved of their troubles. In the fields is where I am when I am confused, angry, hurt, concerned, worried.

   The land there is where I seek peace in an emotionally destroying world. I can live happily in my  cabin, fight against the strong wind, or heal in Moonlight Lake. Because when I close my eyes, I am there, in a content world where no one can hurt me. In this world I can't be touched, I can't be yelled at, shoved, hurt, insulted.

   My land is where I go when people tell me everything that's wrong with me. When they fight a warrior who's just a girl hiding in her armor. I close my eyes and visit my land, even if for just a moment, to be reminded that I can be hurt and I can be healed.

   And so at least once I day, I visit my beautiful Moonlight Lake. Oh how I love my moonlight lake.