One Day That Girl

One day she'll find a girl who takes her breath away. Everything will dissipate but her. She'll trip over her words and her thoughts will stumble and discombobulate, but she won't even notice because there's only one thing she's thought of that day. One day she'll find a girl who radiates warmth and irresistible energy. Every time she sees that girl she'll have to remind herself that she can't throw her arms around her, no matter how intense the urge. She'll daydream during classes about moments in her mind on beaches, in cabins, what it would be like to wake up in the morning next to her. She'll feel her heart skip a beat and for a moment she'll worry it will plunge out of her chest. The tips of her toes will lift off the ground and she'll wonder "Will I fly?" A mere second of eye contact with the girl will make her feel like sunshine. She told me that I was that girl for her, but now I know it wasn't true. Because one day she'll find a girl she'd do anything for. One she'd even break a rule or two for, because it would be worth it with the way that girl made her feel. I know one day she'll find that girl, it's clear for me to see. And whenever that day comes, I know that girl won't be me.