Part 5 - That's not an excuse that's a fact

Avalana skylar Valerie
Edited

"Morning Miss Valerie," My eyes flutter open because of the sunlight.

I slowly open my eyes and found Matilda in my room, it's a routine for her to be in my room every morning. My eyes feel weird, I try to move my body then I realize that I've slept with my make up on. Even I'm still wearing the same clothes from last night.

"You better get ready for Gabriel's Birthday surprise today," Matilda suddenly said.

"It's his birthday today?" I asked with a crapy voice.

"Uhuh, I've called him this morning to wish him a happy birthday," She said while cleaning whatever the mess I made last night.

Matilda has been working with my family since I was a little, so she's like our own family. She's also my mom's left hand, especially when my mom isn't around.

"I should call him," I got up then lean against the headboard, after trying to reach my phone that lay on the night stand.

"should I wash this?" Matilda asked.

I look up from my phone then see the black jacket that Apollo gave to me, that jacket reminds me of the way he made me feel safe last night.

"No, it's fine just put it there," I said then she smiles in response.

"Don't forget to eat your breakfast okay," She said.

"Thank you Matilda," I said.

I text Laura and asking her about Gabriel's surprise plan cause I don't really get it. She has actually told me about it but not in detail. Because every time she tried to tell me about the plan, Gabriel always sticked around us. She did text me about the plan but just like what I said, it isn't really clear.

I got a lot of text messages from my friends but I really need to take a shower, this clothes and my ruined make up feel uncomfortable. So I left my phone on the bed then get into the bathroom to take a shower, to clean myself up.

After taking a shower I put a clothes on then back to my phone, I know Laura will be asking me to come over in an hour. I feel useless but I really don't know what to do. I feel so hungry so I make my way to the dining room since Matilda has told me that breakfast is ready.

Matilda always makes a really tasty breakfast everyday so I never really skip breakfast, unless it's urgent or I'm running late. I was enjoying my food until I got a FaceTime call from Laura.

"Hey babe," Laura greeted.

"Hey sister," I said.

"Sooo Gabriel is out at the garden doing whatever, I have a plan with his friends tonight in here" She said.

"So what's the plan?" I asked her.

"I've told you right?" she asked.

"but I don't really get it," I said.

"I'm going to go to the hospital for a check up today at 5 pm and probably going to be back at 6"

"Our friends are going to decorate and prepare some stuff while we're gone," She said then put the phone on one of the drawer in their room.